Amazing skins for droid - Gelaskins

KarenElissa

Reaction score
I broke down and finally bought one from SkinIt. I like it, because it looks like it has holes for all of the sensors, both sides, and it looks like the buttons at the bottom are either cut outs of printed on there. We'll see exactly what when I get mine.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Okay I'm getting really impatient for my gelaskins to get here! I customized mine and the email said it could take up to 15 days shipping. Well it's going on a month now and I received an email from the about 4 days ago saying it shipped. WTF took so long just to ship it, and I still have no idea when to expect it.

Very odd, I ordered mine last Wednesday, and I got it on Monday. Where do you live? I know it comes from Canada, and I live in Wisconsin, so i think they might of helped me.

All right, I got the one I ordered.

The material is a sort of vinyl...easily removable and repositionable, but seems like it would stay on all right. The rear application, which is what I was interested in, looks very nice. However, the front application, which I only put on to test, has two big problems: first, the menu key lights are not visible through the skin (even after a few months of use, I couldn't accurately hit the buttons without visual feedback) and second, the proximity sensor on the left is completely covered. There are holes cut for the led notification light and light sensor on the right, but not the proximity sensor on the other side. This caused the proximity detection during calls to not work at all in the tests I did (screen stayed on, even when the sensor area was covered or it was near my face.)

I'll update with pics if anyone is interested (I only have pics of the back and the unapplied decals, as the droid is my only functional camera), and I'll probably email the company to give them a heads up...

Interesting, I just noticed that happen to me too. Gonna take off the front then...

StupidGenius

Reaction score
phoneback.png

Nice, I like it. Is that origami?

brendanstl

Reaction score
This thing looks really good and its great quality. I'm going to modify the front piece to accommodate the three sensors that its not made for, once I do this I will post pics of the front.

shademar

Reaction score
I emailed GelaSkins...they said they'd be changing the design to accommodate the proximity sensor and the menu keys based on feedback they had received and that they'd send out a new skin when the changes are made. :D

(The design on mine is 'cable cranes'...it looks really nice in person. I have a seido clip that holds the phone back-out, so it's a good combo.)

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I have had one of these skins from Unique Skins.com I uploaded my own backgrounds and within a week or so, the skin was here..

I have to say, I love mine and it has replaced my invisible shield for the most part...Very cool.

spruce_rd

Reaction score
Waaay too busy for my taste.
I'm always curious how do people fish out their icons from overdetailed wallpapers .
Golf ball is the only one I like. Is it worth the price? Hell, no.

shademar

Reaction score
To each their own :).

I really like the look of the applique on the back, but prefer the front to remain unadulterated.

For others who may be interested, the product is high quality and easy to put on and remove. There seems to be good scratch resistance. The main caveat is the front sticker blocking the sensor and menus, and it sounds as if the design is being altered to meet both of these criteria. With any luck, anyone with an old design can request the redesign.

I'll update when I get an update, myself. (Though I'm prtty much sticking with the rear decal...)

GelaSkins.com

Reaction score
Updates from GelaSkins!

Hi All! Thanks to all this awesome feedback, we have re-designed our Droid skins! We now have the navigation button icons printed right on each skin, and the proper cut-outs for the ambient light and proximity sensors. We do apologize for the delay! Being in Canada, we had to design these skins on a non-working phone model, so were unable to test these user concerns. If you have already purchased a Droid skin from our site, you will be sent a replacement(s) shortly. Please always feel free to email any questions or concerns to at contact at gelaskins dot com. Thanks everyone!

The GelaSkins Crew

Palmyra

Reaction score
Hi All! Thanks to all this awesome feedback, we have re-designed our Droid skins! We now have the navigation button icons printed right on each skin, and the proper cut-outs for the ambient light and proximity sensors. We do apologize for the delay! Being in Canada, we had to design these skins on a non-working phone model, so were unable to test these user concerns. If you have already purchased a Droid skin from our site, you will be sent a replacement(s) shortly. Please always feel free to email any questions or concerns to at contact at gelaskins dot com. Thanks everyone!

The GelaSkins Crew

While you are at it I for one find the Stars and Stripes skin offensive. It looks like a folded and taddered paper flag.

Scribble

Reaction score
These are pretty cool, but I prefer thicker shock absorbing cases for my phone.

Firegrl

Reaction score

The GelaSkins Crew

When will the pictures of the Droid skins be updated on your website so we can see the changes before we buy?

Thanks!