Amazing new music player for Droid!

slinky

Reaction score
Now can there be just one music player that faithfully can use the beginning/stop/next song button on most headphones? Right now meridian is the only player that even responds properly to a single press (stop) and occasionally can go to the next song.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Jedihep
As someone previously mentioned, this music player has the song control widget that comes up prior to the lock screen that provides immediate access to pause, forward the song or play a prior song. This innovation has come to my rescue when I've need to kill the sound in two keystrokes : one to wake the phone, two - pause song.

To my knowledge no other music player - free or for a fee, provides this function.

Still doesn't beat having stereo BT headphones where play/pause/skip/previous/volume can be pressed at any time right on the headphones themselves, even with the phone locked. Heh...

So again, all I want is the stock app but with an EQUALIZER... why is it that one crappy player that has ****e for a music browser is the only one that has an EQ?

slinky

Reaction score
Stereo BT headphones are nice but I can't use them while working out. The wired ones work better, as does the microphone. This stuff is so simple but still I can't use my Android phone for the workout like I did with my blackberry and iphone, unfortunately. Don't know whether it's an api issue or just lack of interest by developers. A widget is OK but I really don't mind holding the home button and choosing the music player. It's not a whole lot of difference, IMHO.

mpenda

Reaction score
I use MixZing lite with my BT headsets and it works perfectly, pause, skip repeat and volume control. I have had issues before with more than one music player on the phone and they fight over who responds. So I deleted all but MixZing and the stock player and it works just fine.

For what its worth.....

slinky

Reaction score
I use MixZing lite with my BT headsets and it works perfectly, pause, skip repeat and volume control. I have had issues before with more than one music player on the phone and they fight over who responds. So I deleted all but MixZing and the stock player and it works just fine.

For what its worth.....

Hmmm.... I plug in my headphones and all I can get to work is stop and play. That's it. Other than Meridian, adding in Mixzing left me with the problem of the stock player playing whenever the button is pressed. Gotta love android... lol.

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
This app doesn't appear free to me (something like $1) and I haven't seen a trial version? Has it changed and is no longer free?

mpenda

Reaction score
BTW, Slinky, I've tried 5 different wired headsets, and NONE of them will let me control anything other than a pause/resume.
Its only the Bluetooth Variety that I've gotten to work properly.

madspeed

Reaction score
What's all this no Bt stuff about? My Motorola S9 stereo headset is great and has the controls right on it!

slinky

Reaction score
What's all this no Bt stuff about? My Motorola S9 stereo headset is great and has the controls right on it!

He's saying that only Bluetooth works. The darn Droid won't work with the mutlitudes of wired headsets that the overwhelming majority of people use when listening to music on their phone/music player. If it works for BT, why on earth can't it work for the most simple application - wired headsets?

PS - I don't think the app is free any more. I downloaded it when it was beta. It's nice, has a lot of features but is ugly to look at and some of the controls (like getting back to the featured song) can be a little awkward to navigate. Also some of the features didn't work - the button works for stop/go but when I double clicked, when it worked, it would rewind the song and not forward to the next.

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
The Paid version has really fixed all bugs, and it works flawlessly now!

slinky

Reaction score
The Paid version has really fixed all bugs, and it works flawlessly now!

Paid version of what? I'm hesitant to buy any of these apps until I can try them out to see they work. I'd just like them to be realtively easy to navigate and that the headphone button will fast forward and stop/play songs.