Am i the only person who doesn't think it's worth it?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that is 100% true christim.....it's like a learning process that I have went through with my Droid and my have I learned....

It's so interesting and neat how all these things function...I like to learn about it and then do it

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
No you are not alone. I came from a feature phone (Samsung Impression). The Droid is my very first Smart phone and is leaps and bounds over what I am used to. I still get a kick out of all the things I can do, how much I can customize and how much faster it is. And this is in it's stock form. I am pretty tech savvy and have always built and tinkered with my own computers. I am also a long time Harley owner and you know we can leave anything stock. But in all honesty I am quite happy with the Droid the way it is. Will I still have the same opinion in a year??? Dunno. But for now it does what I need as fast as I need it to. And I can make it look like I want too.

i agree 100%. this is my 1st smart phone. i came from a good one (env touch) but i continue to be blown away everyday.
i'm a computer teacher so i'm quite techy it just does everything i need in stock form.
i play with my wife's blackberry from time to time and just laugh at the interface and speed.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid is ALREADY the best phone in my opinion compared to whats out there...

But, even if its the best, if you had a chance to make it better you wouldn't?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Life is short, I'll root, oc, tweek, hack, upgrade till in gone for that very reason.

Sometimes you feel like a root, sometimes hooky doesn't ;)

magdream

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been addressed. I'd mostly want to root to oc, and more specifically so that the maps load faster. has anyone noticed if this helps, or is it more of strength of signal issue. sometimes the maps load pretty quickly and other times it takes forever.

tnx

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been addressed. I'd mostly want to root to oc, and more specifically so that the maps load faster. has anyone noticed if this helps, or is it more of strength of signal issue. sometimes the maps load pretty quickly and other times it takes forever.

tnx

Really man, I would say it is a combination of both signal and processor speed...

Sometimes even if you're oc'd to 1GHz, if you don't have good service it still has trouble...but if you have good service then yes most definitely you can tell a difference

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people will buy a car and not make a change. Others will mod it.

I don't have a problem with those who want to root their phone. After all it's theirs. I do find it funny that doing this to a Droid is called Rooting, while doing this with an iPhone is Jailbreaking.

At the moment I don't plan to root my Droid, mainly because I don't have a need to do so. That does not mean I will never root it. One big problem is my skill level and the lack of people I could turn to if I make a mistake. I mean, away from this forum. I'd like to see it in person; no list of instructions or video.

Lack of people to turn to? We are all here to help each other.

I'm not trying to talk you into rooting your phone. I rooted and went back to stock. But as far as not having people to turn to there are many people who can and will help you.

When I was having some difficulties rooting my phone I had a tremendous amount of people who offered to help. So many I had to say thanks but I have enough help.

So if you ever need help with anything please keep in mind we will help you. All you have to do is ask.

Thank you. It's nice to know.

To be honest, if this had to be based on what I need in a phone, instead of what I want, I'd still have my moto E815.:blink:

twmac

Reaction score
sholes 2.0.5 OC'd to 1.2 ghz is awesome

stock droid is good.. modded and oc'd, it is easily the best phone i've ever used. its faster than the stock nexus one i had for a few days.