Am I the only one with weak battery life

Hazardous

Reaction score
Just got the Droid 4 and so far I'm a but skeptical about the battery life. While it's brand new, it doesn't last as long as my D1 does considering my D1 is 2+ years old. I know it's hard to compare but I'm not really doing anything different that I did on my previous phone; unless G4 takes that much more power. If the battery gets any worse (which does happen over time) It would be as good as a brick for me as you cannot even swap out the battery.

Although I like the phone, I'm seriously thinking of swapping it out while I can.

How is everyone else's experience regarding the battery?

Kack

Reaction score
I just got my d4 Saturday but have been using it pretty hard gaming social networking youtube texting using it as a remote for my tv and surround sound. The last part is mainly for my entertainment pausing the tv and turning the volume down when my wife is watching tv and have her think that its going crazy :). But I managed to get about 13 hours out of one full charge. Much much longer than my thunderbolt. I'm thinking if I set up the smart actions and root and get rid of some of the bloat I may get 15-16 hours.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

diablo85

Reaction score
i rooted the phone and downloaded android overclock to make use of the profiles feature of the app. downclocking the cpu while the screen is off helped my droid x immensely as i had about 2-2.5 days of moderate use with it set up that way. i havent had the best battery life with the droid 4 yet, but i blame 3cx mobile device manager for that.

Wrigley25

Reaction score
Mine is horrible too. I posted about it in the battery life thread in the other Droid 4 forum.

fingaz

Reaction score
I just got my d4 Saturday but have been using it pretty hard gaming social networking youtube texting using it as a remote for my tv and surround sound. The last part is mainly for my entertainment pausing the tv and turning the volume down when my wife is watching tv and have her think that its going crazy :). But I managed to get about 13 hours out of one full charge. Much much longer than my thunderbolt. I'm thinking if I set up the smart actions and root and get rid of some of the bloat I may get 15-16 hours.

How do you use it as a remote. I am very interested in this!

LadyHottShott

Reaction score

lol Oh gosh that is something my husband would do! :p

Leapin'Leemers

Reaction score
Just got the Droid 4 and so far I'm a but skeptical about the battery life. While it's brand new, it doesn't last as long as my D1 does considering my D1 is 2+ years old. I know it's hard to compare but I'm not really doing anything different that I did on my previous phone; unless G4 takes that much more power. If the battery gets any worse (which does happen over time) It would be as good as a brick for me as you cannot even swap out the battery.

Although I like the phone, I'm seriously thinking of swapping it out while I can.

How is everyone else's experience regarding the battery?

I am totally on board with swapping this b***h out!!! The battery life is infuriating & disappointing. I've rooted, blocked bloatware, and made use of the power save features all to no avail. Even being in class all day (and NOT texting throughout) and only making a few phonecalls or listening to music during my commute, I'd say I'm getting less than 8hrs of actual USE. Unacceptable. Motorola better pull an improvement outta their ass or I'm jumping ship. I've been a Droid loyalist since March 2010. This was a betrayal on their front. And the camera performance SUCKS!!!

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
No problems here, battery life has been great, can go a day and a half and still have like 30% left. But I don't use my phone at work for 8 hours a day so that helps. Also been using a lot of smart actions as well.

While it's not as wonderful as my old basic phone, which could go a week + on one charge, haha, it's a smart phone so I expected it to be worse - I just didn't expect it to be THIS GOOD.

fingaz

Reaction score
Yeah, yesterday night, before I went to bed.. I looked at my phone. It said that the phone has gone 18 hours with one charge. Granted, I only talked on the phone for about 40 minutes yesterday. But I do play with the phone a ton. I still haven't been able to let my phone die.. thats how good the battery is! I have no problems. The I use many smart acions... if the battery is under 50% the screen is 50%, My live wall paper stops moving under 30%, under 25%, background tasks are stopped, screen is turned to 25%.... stuff like that. Plus, I NEVER EVER use WiFi and 4g is active all day long at work and home.

So idk what I am doing right... but the battery is AWESOME for me.

DCscribe

Reaction score
terrible battery life

modest use is getting me 7-8 hours on a charge. i'm not impressed.
granted, i've only had the phone a few days. but mostly all i'm doing is receiving email. wifi is off. far as i can tell nothing is running that would suck the juice.

kau

Reaction score
Android OS (kernel)

Androis OS (kernel) use seems high. Anyone else seeing this?

80%battery (5 hr 12 min on battery)

Significant power use
30% display - on 48m
26% android os - CPU total 23m
18% wi-fi - running 5h 12m (using as a SIP phone/extension need wi-fi on)
6% phone idle - 4h 23m
6% cell standby - 5h 12m (1% time w/o signal)
4% voice calls - time on 1m

amishdude01

Reaction score

Significant power use
30% display - on 48m
6% phone idle - 4h 23m

I have noticed this as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the bloat/ 4g? Just a guess

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
My battery life sucks *.* it lasts less than 6 hours.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Make sure auto update in the market is turned off.
Make sure Google and Verizon locator are turned off
My OS time dropped big time and battery lasted longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

NTchrist

Reaction score

Significant power use
30% display - on 48m
6% phone idle - 4h 23m

I had the exact same thing, turns out it was widgets. I removed elixir (very sadly) and today I went 16 hours and got to a charger with 40% to spare.

low to moderate use, 1hr music over bluetooth, updated 15 apps over wifi, 4g off, wifi off, bluetooth on only for music.