Am I the only one here who prefers the browser on iOS to Android?

droidXpert

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong cuz I really like the browser on Android. But what I've always preferred about iOS is the smoother browsing experience. Some websites are super smooth on Android but others tend to lag (with flash disabled btw). Flash is nice but I never use it as it just slows down the experience for me.

Discuss.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rarely use the stock browser. xScope runs way smooth for me. I can't compare it to the iOS tho...

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use dolphin hd. No experiance with ios stock tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Eschy

Reaction score
iOS browser is really an awesome browser its the only thing that i like more in iOS than android. I like the elastic effects in it, and it really does scroll way smoother. I think in honeycomb they will probably tighten up the browser because right now android has the fastest browser of any smartphone (thanks to the v8 javascript) now they just need to revamp the UI and user experience. But we'll have to wait and see

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say that the answer is always "No" for any "Am I the only...?", "Is it just me...?" and similar questions. Odds are extremely unlikely that out of 6 + billion people on the planet that your opinion is absolutely unique. I don't get why this type of question is so popular on every forum site.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say that the answer is always "No" for any "Am I the only...?", "Is it just me...?" and similar questions. Odds are extremely unlikely that out of 6 + billion people on the planet that your opinion is absolutely unique. I don't get why this type of question is so popular on every forum site.

touché :gotmyvote:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Opera mobile. Nuff said. Super smooth

iv'e tried opera a few times and it seems extremely rough around the edges and incomplete.

the same goes for dolphin then xcope is just a train wreck.

Yes mobile safari is by far the best mobile browser out there. I do like the android browser but it does not even begin to compare to iOS.

styx

Reaction score
I love the factory browser. It's definitely the fastest mobile browser I have ever used. Not to mention Flash.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing is, everyone gives credit for iOS's smooth browsing experience to the browser itself, when the UI rendering scheme on iOS is to thank. The browser is "just another webkit browser" under the hood, the reason why the overall experience is so "smooth" is due to the Quartz 2D rendering engine. This is basically a hardware accelerated 2D engine. Since it is specific to different flavors of OS X, it is not present on Android. Android still uses the CPU to render the UI, in order to provide compatibility with low-end devices that lack a GPU. Perhaps in the future, as more low-end devices gain GPU support, Google will change the way the UI is rendered.