Alternate Upgrades

Reaction score
Here's the Dilemma:

I am on a family plan and one of the phones is eligible for an upgrade, (not being mine). I am wanting the HTC thunderbolt. Would there be anyway to get the HTC thunderbolt for 200$ from someone that is not Verizon (Verizon charges 250$) that would do an alternate upgrade?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the person who is eligible for the upgrade willing to swap you? Earlier today, I read a tweet that WireFLy was offer a rebate perhaps that will help

OP
J
Reaction score
Is the person who is eligible for the upgrade willing to swap you? Earlier today, I read a tweet that WireFLy was offer a rebate perhaps that will help

Yes, the person is willing to swap. I called wirefly yesterday to see if I could get the tbolt for 150$ and they said that the phone could not be activated on another line. It had to be the line eligible for the upgrade. (This is all within the same family plan with 4 lines on it)

Reaction score
Amazon has some great deals on mobile phones. If I had went with them when I bought my droid 2, I could have saved 50 dollars. They check your carrier account to see if you're eligible for an upgrade of course.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call VZW and ask they if they will transfer numbers then get it from WF.

OP
J
Reaction score
Call VZW and ask they if they will transfer numbers then get it from WF.

One of wireflys scams or whatever you'd like to call it is that the phone has to be on that line for a certain amount of time or you have to pay a crazy fee.