alternate keyboard cyanogenmod 7.1.0

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
I recently rooted my wife's incredible to the cyanogenmod 7.1.0 and I've been trying to get my keyboard app to work but cannot seem to find a way to disable the default one in android in 2.3.7

Anyone know a way to do this? There doesn't seem to be an option to disable it the settings.

OP
JDuaneJ

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
Guess I'm sol on this one. Lol wish I wasn't such a newb.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is the one you want to use a keyboard from the market or something like that? All you should have to do is enable the new one in Settings > Language and input (something like that).

After you select it go into the messaging app or anywhere you can type and longpress on the text field. Should be a "Select Input" option there. Just select the keyboard you want and you should be good to go.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

OP
JDuaneJ

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
Wasn't aware of the long press thing via the messaging app...I'm trying to setup smart keyboard for my wife. In the settings/input whatever its called (don't have the phone with me) the check box to disable the default keyboard is greyed out. I can see the option there, but cannot change it. Ill try the long press thing in the messaging app. Thanks for the response. I'm not a newb to tech, just rooting and playing with mods. Lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is it a keyboard from the Play Store? You may not need to disable the stock one but just select the new one in settings. Then attempt the long press like I detailed above.

OP
JDuaneJ

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
Yes its called smart keyboard. Still can't seem to "activate" it. Is it the Tom I wonder? Idk ha

OP
JDuaneJ

JDuaneJ

Reaction score
*Rom I mean...smart keyboard not so smart. Lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah not too sure why it won't work. Maybe try uninstalling it and then installing it again. Not sure if it will help but its worth a shot.