Alpha CM7 a/Gingerbread kernel available

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI:

RevNumbers provided an update last night that fixed Netflix, but he forgot to put the battery fix in. :)

Then he posted the following:

"got the camera working finally... couple other things i need to do so it'll be this afternoon sometime before i get the build out to y'all... i'm going to sleep now, lol"

So today's update will include a camera fix (and hopefully general video/youtube playback, they tend to get fixed together) and put the battery fix back in.

He had earlier mentioned he had an idea about fixing GPS, but didn't have anything more substantial on that area.

So things are moving along nicely. :)

1% battery increments are not available yet and no info on when they might show up.

w/Netflix working this is now my daily driver, as I can live w/out pics/video for a little while, and my wife has GPS on her DX if we need it. Aside from those issues the build is stable and fast.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know...just too tempting, particularly the potential improvements in battery life w/the GB kernel.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update booted up without issue after updating, wiped caches.

Camera works, YouTube works, Netflix already worked. :) Nice to have the battery patch back in place as well.

A+

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update booted up without issue after updating, wiped caches.

Camera works, YouTube works, Netflix already worked. :) Nice to have the battery patch back in place as well.

A+

I will be right there in a bit Redflea! Thanks for the update! Rockin as usual!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
I hope GPS gets fixed soon, I really wanna check this out but I can't be without my GPS! I don't use GPS too often, but when I do I need it to work!

CKD2

Reaction score
This is just amazing. Thank God for these devs. I'll def jump on this as soon as a few more kinks are worked out.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
A couple of issues still to be fixed recently noted on the dev thread:

- Hard camera button will launch camera, but you have to use the soft button on-screen to take the pic
- Other apps that use the camera (e.g., barcode scanner) rotate the view 90 degrees...camera is fine
- And yes, GPS still needs work

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Consider donating if you appreciate the work on the ROM...getting this going has required a fair bit of work by CVPCS and Rev, and Framework43 (developer of the MIUI ROM, he contributed key work on the GB kernel integration).

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Consider donating if you appreciate the work on the ROM...getting this going has required a fair bit of work by CVPCS and Rev, and Framework43 (developer of the MIUI ROM, he contributed key work on the GB kernel integration).

ALWAYS!! Thanks bro!

havens1515

Reaction score
So can I go to this straight from CM7 with froyo kernel?

Droid 2 CM7

As of right now, you can't. You need to install the GB leak, then install this. But Rev said in the Dev thread that cvpcs is/was working on something that would allow you to go from a current nightly straight to the GB kernel.