allow automatic updates to apps!

Reaction score
i actually prefer to update each app one by one.
A. i like to see what is being added.
B. i prefer to read the comments before updating so if its a bad update i dont update.
C. i kinda enjoy updating each one manually.

iPirate

Reaction score
Sounds good, some apps (Google's) I would like to have update automatically!

EbE404

Reaction score
i actually prefer to update each app one by one.
A. i like to see what is being added.
B. i prefer to read the comments before updating so if its a bad update i dont update.
C. i kinda enjoy updating each one manually.

+1, for the most part. The best thing that they could do here would be to provide an auto update option for apps. That way, a user can decide what they want automated and what they want to do manually. In my case, I would probably set my Google apps to be automatic, but leave the rest manual so I could wait on updating until there are some posts and reviews in. I've seen too many bad updates pushed out to completely automate everything.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you look at the screenshot it looks like you go into each app and decide if you want to turn auto updating on on a per app basis.

In the sample, Google Maps has it checked off to allow it.

Great news, good find, alm0614 !

android22-autoupdate.jpg

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
If you look at the screenshot it looks like you go into each app and decide if you want to turn auto updating on on a per app basis.

In the sample, Google Maps has it checked off to allow it.

Great news, good find, alm0614 !

android22-autoupdate.jpg

i certainly wouldnt want to just allow auto updates for all apps.. and I would hope that maybe you would get a notification saying it has been updated and what the changes are

EbE404

Reaction score
It is an option, quit being silly

I see no silliness-asking for a notification that an app has been updated is perfectly reasonable, and there is nothing in that screenshot to indicate if that happens.

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I would definitely like some apps to upload automatically. The other things, like games I am still deciding whether to keep or not, I would like to be notified of first.