All themes in Liberty Theme Chooser fail

Afteraffekt

Reaction score
When I install a theme from within the Liberty Toolbox, it downloads and then reboots to the bootstrap, then it fails to install claiming the zip is "bad", and this happens when I manually try to install the update.zip aswell. Any Idea why this happens? Everything else works great!!!!

knivesout

Reaction score
Is the screen going to sleep while your downloading? I think I heard that it could corrupt the download. How are you going about installing in recovery? Install zip from SD>Choose zip from SD?

OP
A

Afteraffekt

Reaction score
It actually is going to sleep, ill keep it awake and see if it helps, thanks!

Even with the screen set to stay awake, it still doesnt work, sometimes it says the file doesnt exist

Last edited:

knivesout

Reaction score
Hm, I never had any problems with the 2 themes I downloaded from the toolbox. Have you downloaded any themes from this board and installed them in clockwork recovery?

calfly

Reaction score
Delete the theme your having an issue with. Then pick what one you want and that will dl a new one. You should be all set install the theme you want. It worked for me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
A

Afteraffekt

Reaction score
I have gone into sdcard/liberty/downloads/ and deleted the theme each time, but still fails...its almost as if the server is having problems? maybe ill logcat and get the download link and try that.
ok logcat doesnt show the download link, so thats not working, but for example. Gala Theme, it simply does NOT doesnload

Last edited:

knivesout

Reaction score
Hm, I suppose it was a while ago when I downloaded themes through the toolbox so I can't confirm that it's worked for me lately. I would search the themes on this forum and find one you like, download it, and install it per the instructions in the thread.

snaple

Reaction score
For me the liberty theme chooser downloads always end up being bad if I download them using the 3g network but if I turn on my wifi and download the theme zip file using that they always work. It is definitely worth a try.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I'm having close to the same issue, I've tried installing a couple themes, but they never show up anywhere on the sd card to install them.

knivesout

Reaction score
I'm having close to the same issue, I've tried installing a couple themes, but they never show up anywhere on the sd card to install them.
If you're trying to install through the toolbox, you don't need to get into the sd card for anything. It downloads, reboots, and bam, you have your theme.
The themes in the toolbox are kind of dated IMO, there are a few newer themes on this forum that are sweeeeet, I would recommend the honeycomb and slice themes (orangeslice, limeslice, oreoslice).

nnelzen

Reaction score
I can't install from toolbox either It does exactly the same as the op. Hopefully its just a temporary problem on the server. Works just fine manualy but I can't find hardly any the themes in the forum. Anyone know any other d/l links. especially the crystal theme for 1.5?

tb110895

Reaction score
I think it gets the themes from droid2files.com but the site is down so it wont download the themes, but I'm not completely sure on that

Kendroid24

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I have tried to install the gingerbread themes and the big crystal manually and the downloads failed even on my pc. I have installed oreo slice, ud, and mysterious beast themes without issue.

OP
A

Afteraffekt

Reaction score
Seems to be that the Maker of this Rom has cancelled his hosting site? If thats his, or rather the Hosting site has gone quits!