All contacts deleted from phone

scubastza

Reaction score
So yesterday I whipped out my Droid to send a text only to realize all my contacts were gone. Every. Single. One. I haven't installed any new programs or updates in the past few days and it was working about 30 minutes prior to that. Every other application works fine.

The weird thing is, I have Google Gestures installed, and when I "write" to locate someone's name, they appear, but when I click on the contact it says "contact not found."

I also used Wave Secure to backup all my contacts a few weeks ago, but every time I attempt to restore them, the program force closes.

I have exported my contacts to the SD card and it exports 600+ contacts, but every time I Import then back from the SD card, it says "importing from SD card," then that screen goes away and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any good ideas? I've restarted the phone numerous times, removed the SD card, removed the battery for a few minutes, etc. Nothing has worked.

HELP!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I whipped out my Droid to send a text only to realize all my contacts were gone. Every. Single. One. I haven't installed any new programs or updates in the past few days and it was working about 30 minutes prior to that. Every other application works fine.

The weird thing is, I have Google Gestures installed, and when I "write" to locate someone's name, they appear, but when I click on the contact it says "contact not found."

I also used Wave Secure to backup all my contacts a few weeks ago, but every time I attempt to restore them, the program force closes.

I have exported my contacts to the SD card and it exports 600+ contacts, but every time I Import then back from the SD card, it says "importing from SD card," then that screen goes away and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any good ideas? I've restarted the phone numerous times, removed the SD card, removed the battery for a few minutes, etc. Nothing has worked.

HELP!!!

Try a factory dada reset in your privacy section, then import your contacts from google make sure sync is on. Google is your primary back up for contacts.

OP
S

scubastza

Reaction score
The data reset worked. It deleted all my apps and stuff, but those can be easily replaced from the Market. Thanks a lot for your help, I was starting to freak out!

SrPheebs

Reaction score
This happened to me yesterday. I'm a relative newbie to the Droid, have had it since November but done relatively little with it other than use it as a phone :icon_eek: ~gasp~ I know.

No apps installed or anything. I googled and did the restore from SD card and that worked but would like to know why they went poof to begin with? I also am a little confused about what you're saying about Google being my primary backup for contacts? My contacts were transferred from my old phone but they did ask me for my gmail acct. Please be patient w/this old lady, I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks~!