Alexa loses her voice in Amazon's Super Bowl teaser

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jeff-b-amazon.png

Get ready Echo users, Alexa has lost her voice and a new voice might be responding soon! Amazon’s new Super Bowl ad teaser posted on youtube kicks off with a woman in a bathroom brushing her teeth. She asks Alexa what the weather is in Austin. As Alexa starts to answer, the digital assistant coughs and splutters, and then falls silent. Jeff Bezos appears and gives the nods for the new update. See the full preview below:

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha! I wonder if it will be a more realistic voice or what?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like the commercial, kind of comical at the end. What better way to plug your product than the big game, one of the most watched events of the year. For the few folks out there that may not know what an Echo / Alexa is, they will after the commercial. Pretty smart. As a Google Home owner myself, I wonder if Google will add support for additional (or new) voices after this update to Echo rolls out? Both companies seem to be neck-in-neck with rolling out new updates around the same time as each other. One adds new functionality...the other adds it some after, etc.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I like the commercial, kind of comical at the end. What better way to plug your product than the big game, one of the most watched events of the year. For the few folks out there that may not know what an Echo / Alexa is, they will after the commercial. Pretty smart. As a Google Home owner myself, I wonder if Google will add support for additional (or new) voices after this update to Echo rolls out? Both companies seem to be neck-in-neck with rolling out new updates around the same time as each other. One adds new functionality...the other adds it some after, etc.

most likely google will eventually add different voices. they are still the new kid on the block though they have a better distribution system. this time around new voices for alexa and possibly new names to use for google. who knows what is next.