Alarm ringtones

dajakal

Reaction score
How can i use my ringtones as the alarm sound in the default alarm clock app? All I can pick from now is like 10 annoying beeps or whines, even though I have more ringtones.

elbono75

Reaction score
How can i use my ringtones as the alarm sound in the default alarm clock app? All I can pick from now is like 10 annoying beeps or whines, even though I have more ringtones.

Mount it and in the sd card make a folder called Alarms then put what you want in there , same for notifications as well

OP
D

dajakal

Reaction score
The "Alarms" folder goes in the root SD dir? My ringtones were in sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and I moved one to sdcard/Alarms and can't pick it.

elbono75

Reaction score
The "Alarms" folder goes in the root SD dir? My ringtones were in sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and I moved one to sdcard/Alarms and can't pick it.

but it in the media/audio then... Ringdroid made mine so I just started droppin sounds in the folder cuz ringdroid would mess up some of my wavs

OP
D

dajakal

Reaction score
I used Ringdroid as well, it dropped the files in sdcard/media/audio/ringtones. I've tried putting an "alarms" folder in sdcard, sdcard/media, and /media/audio. Still can't pick anything new in the alarm ringtones.

OP
D

dajakal

Reaction score
I had the right directory set up, but no action. I think my filename, despite not having any spaces, was too long, because after I changed it to 7 characters it showed up fine. Thanks for the tips!

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Just a "bump" to say thanks for the info. I had been bothered by my stupid alarm options but too lazy to change it until I saw this. Thanks for the help.

But to Android/Droid developers: Really? You think that was enough alarm ringtone choices by default? Pretty ridiculous. I swear, 300 more mistakes like this and it won't be my favorite phone ever.

Natbcn23

Reaction score
Question

So, I have alarms and songs but how do I get my songs to play as my alarm? The downloaded songs aren't showing up as ringtone options under my alarm. Advice?

Parafly9

Reaction score
I usually wake up to Bob Marley or something like that.... I don't know who the hell wants to wake up to those annoying default rings

Eagle Peak

Reaction score
alarm sounds

using Ringdroid solved it for me....yeah:icon_ banana: I don't know about all that creating file folders on the SD card etc. I went into the Application, selected the song I wanted, tapped the SD card icon and it lets me save it as an alarm