Airplane mode/SMS question

flooritnfly

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to download some sort of app/plugin that lets me know what time I actually received text messages after being in Airplane mode?

For example, if people send me texts at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm and my Thunderbolt is in Airplane mode from 12pm-6pm, when I take it out of Airplane mode it'll say that I received all 3 texts at 6pm, when I know this obviously can't be true. It's done this every time I have put it in and taken it out of Airplane mode. On my old phone (LG chocolate 3) and all my old phones for that matter, it always said when the texts were sent to me and also what time I received them, so if I were still using that phone it would say "Sent: 2pm, Received: 6pm", and so forth.

So anybody know a way to fix this so I can see what time they were really sent at when coming out of Airplane mode??

lettuce chief

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to download some sort of app/plugin that lets me know what time I actually received text messages after being in Airplane mode?

For example, if people send me texts at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm and my Thunderbolt is in Airplane mode from 12pm-6pm, when I take it out of Airplane mode it'll say that I received all 3 texts at 6pm, when I know this obviously can't be true. It's done this every time I have put it in and taken it out of Airplane mode. On my old phone (LG chocolate 3) and all my old phones for that matter, it always said when the texts were sent to me and also what time I received them, so if I were still using that phone it would say "Sent: 2pm, Received: 6pm", and so forth.

So anybody know a way to fix this so I can see what time they were really sent at when coming out of Airplane mode??

The time shown is the last time verizon pushed out the message. So if a message is sent at 11:00 and your phone is off, verizon cant push the message to your phone because your phone cant recieve it. airplane mode aplies as well, as it turns off any incoming/outgoing texts. So they push it out when your phone connects to the network next. :) When you receive it, the time shown is when it was received from Verizon. it's not a bug, just the way the network handles it.

OP
F

flooritnfly

Reaction score
Well that is lame because on all my older phones I've ever had it would actually show what time the message was sent from the sender's phone.

Laaaaame :icon_evil:

lettuce chief

Reaction score
Well that is lame because on all my older phones I've ever had it would actually show what time the message was sent from the sender's phone.

Laaaaame :icon_evil:
were they too in airplane mode?

i can imagine that happening if you dont have service... like my tbolt if i dont have service when i do get service they pop up with a " stored" time. but never when off or in airplane mode. not even my old phones did that.