After update, start up sound on endless loop! please help .. razr m

elliebeth

Reaction score
If I make a phone call, the start up sound stops.Then it won't go on for no set amount of time (seems like sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20), then it starts sounding that awful repetition of Droid over and over. Razr M. I've had it almost 2 years with much loaded on it. Motorola and Verizon tech support just said do a factory reset! Suggestions? Could I have this sound due to too much memory filled?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If I make a phone call, the start up sound stops.Then it won't go on for no set amount of time (seems like sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20), then it starts sounding that awful repetition of Droid over and over. Razr M. I've had it almost 2 years with much loaded on it. Motorola and Verizon tech support just said do a factory reset! Suggestions? Could I have this sound due to too much memory filled?

How much internal memory do you have available? Are there any Notifications to go along with the sound? Have you at least tried to clear the cache and reboot? Here are the instructions for that (I know the link is for the Moto X but the steps changed on the Razr M with KK).

OP
E

elliebeth

Reaction score
where under settings can I find how much memory is filled?

I forgot where I saw it before. I had filled 85% but had started removing some photos and put a cache remover ap and removed some there. I see the memory bar showing how far it is filled and empty, but not a % like I had. Maybe that is one of the updates, not to get that % anymore!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Settings > Storage will show total space and available but not a %. I would suggest running in Safe Mode. That does not load Play Store apps only the System apps. If the problem still happens a FDR is probably the only option. If the problem does not happen on Safe Mode a Play Store app is probably the cause and you can start uninstalling apps until you find which one it is. With the phone on select the power button...long press Power Off and you will see the option to reboot into Safe Mode.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Any luck with Safe Mode?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
E

elliebeth

Reaction score
About to travel 5 days.

Too busy getting ready to deal with now. thanks!