After installing a ROM...

Inkarnit

Reaction score
So I just installed rubiX 1.0 Focused and am now looking into which theme I'd like. Maybe this question will seem dumb to some, but this is the first time I've played with a ROM in any way, shape, or form. The instructions to do so, by the way, helped me do it flawlessly. My question is: now what? I haven't restored any of my apps quite yet because I'm not sure which I need to restore. Some that I will obviously restore are wireless tether, root explorer, rom manager, etc... but do I still need apps like minfreemanager, beatiful widgets, systempanellite, screebl, handcent, batteryleft, launcherpro, dolphin browser hd? Or will some of these things reduce my ROM performance?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running rubiX.03 Blurry so mine is gonna differ from you. But I put everything I initially had before installing the ROM back on after. I haven't noticed any change because of my apps.

Now, as far as widgets go, they act different for me all the time. Even when I was stock, certain skins on certain clock/weather widgets would act different. That's just me.

ADW, LPP and other home launchers? Certain ROM's make patches for them, usually located on OP.

Themes? I know there is a few that work with Focused/1.0 but make sure to do plenty of reading before you attempt a theme on it. People have had issues, not all are compatible.

Read a lot here >>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/90115-rom-zero-blur-zero-lag-rubix-focused-1-0-a.html

Last edited:
OP
I

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Thanks chkmate. As you can probably tell from my signature, I've done a few things since posting this question. I've pretty much got theming down pat, so my only other questions are whether or not some of those apps are actually necessary or not. I did install them and am able to get quadrant scores above 1500, so I guess I'm okay. I would still like to hear definitively about whether some of those apps actually help or harm though.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks chkmate. As you can probably tell from my signature, I've done a few things since posting this question. I've pretty much got theming down pat, so my only other questions are whether or not some of those apps are actually necessary or not. I did install them and am able to get quadrant scores above 1500, so I guess I'm okay. I would still like to hear definitively about whether some of those apps actually help or harm though.

Yea I just saw this reply on the phone and couldn't see your sig.

And I saw this post down the list and didn't know if you had gotten it all figured out. Looks like you have and know what your doing.

You'll just have to mess with different apps. But definately keep the important ones, Root Explorer and such. Plus you paid for them:)

Good luck!