After i root... how to install 2.2?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Haha good job man glad you got it working. So you activated bootstrap before you download the rom?

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
I activated bootstrapper and then went into rom manager and downloaded.

asawyer13

Reaction score
@Twiy06
Are you saying that you can now run the WiFi Hotspot so you can connect say your laptop wirelessly to your DX?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@Twiy06
Are you saying that you can now run the WiFi Hotspot so you can connect say your laptop wirelessly to your DX?

wireless tether for root users is free once you root and does the same thing as wifi hotspot

asawyer13

Reaction score
Abe,
They're not the same thing but somewhat close.

tethering allows one device to access the internet thru the Droid, similar to PDANet.

Wifi HotSpot allows up to 5 devices to connect to the internet thru the Droid, but you don't have to connect them, they connect wirelessly. this is more like how MiFi works. It would easily allow me to connect my IPod Touch, and my laptops to the internet thru my phone all at the same time.
I could also let me buddy sitting next to me get connected to the internet.

Alan

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh yea i forgot about that one difference.

i was mainly thinking along the lines of the main use of each of them.. my bad

asawyer13

Reaction score
No problem. I have PDANet which works well for me and my DX is not rooted, but if I could get Hotspot capabillity by rooting, I might want to do that.
I wouldn't even mind spending the $20/month for hotspot, but they have a 2GB limit, and though when I was using my MiFi, which I loved, I never used more than 500mb in a month, I just hate little 2gb limits like that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread moved to hacking, that's the appropriate place for this thread.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
I rooted and installed Barnacle.... and i can make my phone into a wifi router and many devices can connect to it... i got 400kbps speeds!

Its awesome!

ferraritmnt

Reaction score
install bootstrap

hey, I'm sorry for this, it may seem like a stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the bootstrap from Koush, it's not a .apk file