After i root... how to install 2.2?

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
How do i backup my phone first.

I cant figure out how to do a full phone backup with rom manager. It like doesnt get into recovery mode.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use rom manager to flash Clockwork Recovery. (install bootstrap first)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I just did this, got to load bootstrap and hit bootstrap recovery. Then go into rom manager and hit backup current rom. Name it what you want and hit go and it will reboot and did it all on its own.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Ok i did that and then i click go into recovery mode.

When i see the moto logo... and i hold the home button.... then the file installed pops up and i press search and i get this message

Finding update package....
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Any feedback is GREAT appreciated.

What exact function do i use to backup.

What is the exact way to get into recovery. Do i keep holding home and search key together? Or do i let go of the home key and keep holding search?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No after you go into bootstrap and hit the bootstrap recovery next time you reboot it will automatically do it. If you hold home you will go into normal recovery. If you are doing a back up. Open bootstrap hit the top tab bootstrap recovery, close bootstrap, open rom manager, hit backup current mod, name it and hit ok and it will restart on its own and go into the recovery on its own and back everything up and reboot into normal.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Oy. How is a normal person supposed to figure that out. Lol. And i am an IT person. Lol

Ok so now i know how to backup.

Everyone thanks for your help.

Now i need to figure out how to add 2.2 and or other rims

Do you guys recommend that i do 2.2 or some other rom. I want maximum battery life and speed. When i ugraded my moto droid to froyo it doubled my battery life. This is what i want for for the droid x.

So what do u guys recommend. Plain 2.2 or a specifc custom rom.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
most roms need 2.2 first. but know if you mess up 2.2 u need to flash back with an sbf file.

right now, i have stock 2.2 with 928's black glass theme.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
2.2 has been great it definately didn't double my battery life. The extended battery helped with that, it might have made it slightly faster but not alot. I have not tried custom roms yet, I did try the 928 black glass theme before I sbf'd back to stock. It was nice for sure but I am stock again.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Ok ill just get 2.2. So what is the exact process i need to follow to put 2.2 on. Do i need to enable bootstrap for a 2.2 install too?

I have 40% battery now but im plugged into a charger. Can i do this now even though i don't have 60% battery?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use rom manager to get the stock 2.2 image and flash in clockwork.

id suggest at least a 50% battery bc it is a cpu intensive process but its up to u

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
I have read and read ALOT over past few days. But before i do this first upgrade... are there any tips you guys can give me?

Or should it be pretty straight forward?

Do i need to enable bootstrapper before upgrading to 2.2?

Do i need to do any fancy recovery mode keyes to upgrade? Or will it do it automatically from within rom manager?

How does the process work?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have not used these two before to upgrade I did the copy the update zip over and installed from normally recovery. I did use bootstrap to install the second leak of 2.2 but that was same process just booting into bootstrap and doing the apply update zip method. I am still learning these myself.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you need to flash the bootstrap to use clockwork (im pretty sure)

also, give it 5 min or so to boot up the first time.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
So after i click download rom. What is the command to use to install it. Will it dow load it as upgrade.zip?

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
I freaking did it!!!!!! After it downloaded the rom it popped up and asked me if I wanted to reboot and install. I had to activate bootstrapper

It took me like 5 minutes and now I am running 2.2. Hurrrahhhhhhhhh

It's so quickkkkkk

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful help