after hard rest, then what ???

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i assume i have to cal vzw first to set the phone back up. but whats the best course of action then ?

i did backup assistant just before reset. im mostly worried about cntacts and now having to deal with my exchange email and calendar (outlook) then of course apps but im not too worried about them. i think they sync when i go to the market. if not they are cheap enough for the few i had.

any ideas ?

cpinto

Reaction score
i assume i have to cal vzw first to set the phone back up. but whats the best course of action then ?

i did backup assistant just before reset. im mostly worried about cntacts and now having to deal with my exchange email and calendar (outlook) then of course apps but im not too worried about them. i think they sync when i go to the market. if not they are cheap enough for the few i had.

any ideas ?

It will be right back to they way it was when you purchased it. Just act as if it's a new phone.

Then log in to Backup asistant and restore the contacts. Some of the other stuff you will have to manually restore.

Android has not yet developed a perfect backup app. "My Backup" does pretty good, but not everything is restored.

The best advice is to store your info in multiple areas before the hard reset.

OP
plumcrazy

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
setup my exchange, that took care of calendar and emails perfectly.
contacts came in perfectly from gmail.
apps were in market, had to download them but they are all up and running now.

had a bunch of settings to set again as expected but seem to be good now. it went surprisingly fast...... so far, so good