APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
I was originally rooted using universal androot them the frg22d broke root so then I used the root from any android version method to regain root. After that I used titanium backup donation version to backup everything as well as ce Tom manager to make a full system backup.

I downloaded us extreme v8 installed it through Tom manager then used titanium to restore all my data.

I am having issues with twitter and other apps updating and installing also having issues because when I use titanium backup to restore my apps and system data it seems to cause issues restoring the missing system apps that are missing when I manually restore them to have failure after failure with market update.

I have given up and went back to my personal build since I am having no luck with installing all the system bloatware I use like Twitter fb and such since when I am unable to install off the market as well as so many other market issues

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I am having issues with twitter and other apps updating and installing also having issues because when I use titanium backup to restore my apps and system data it seems to cause issues restoring the missing system apps that are missing when I manually restore them to have failure after failure with market update.

you answered your own question...no wait..you didn't really ask a question.... so is this your UD manifesto?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a headache now. Im guessing Tom = Rom, right? If so, thats going to be your problem. Get away from ROM Mangler, if has NEVER played well with UD. Plus, titanium back up and froyo dont always get along either.

OP
Raziel23x

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
What is the best way to flash ud extreme v8 on the d1 without a hitch.

I have over 200 apps installed with over half of them installed on my sd card.

I really do not want to have to manually reinstall them by hand and I use twitter all the time as well as plurk so me not being able to use twitter and updating it as well as facebook is what keeping me from using this.

I have not had any issues with titanium and rom manager has been a great backup tool too so I am very newbie to flashing this rom set.

If there is something I am doing wrong or should I be using sbf instead of cw recovery.

OP
Raziel23x

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
Well I tried a clean install and restore with just titanium and it is working perfectly so far twitter and the other apps are installing and updating correctly other then 8 apps are no longer able to be installed

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A good guideline to use with titanium is to restore the apps with white and green text but not the stuff with red text. The red apps usually cause problems when switching Roms.