Aesthetic questions and issues

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Didn't want to flood the main thread with all these questions so figured make a new thread for any and all visual questions and issues. Now to the point.

1) When using the ''stock"(Trebuchet) launcher there is a large gap between the dock and the first row of icons, also a gap on top when you remove the search bar. I don't think this is what stock ICS looks like as far as I can tell from screenshots. I was wondering if this will be improved later or there was a way to fix it now?

2)The ''stock"(Trebuchet) settings are semi missing parts (dock,icons) and also dont have a lot of customizing options. Assuming this will be changed later but figured I mention it?

ADWLauncher ex is what I am using to fix these issues for now. However, is there a way to get the stock app drawer from the ics rom while still using the homescreen/dock from ADW?

I realize these issue are small relative to the and I dont want to come off as I am complaining so let me state. ICS rom is great so far and I appreciate all the work done, and so glad to have some ICS on my d3.

imTousey

Reaction score
I recommend installing Nova Launcher. It's the best ICS launcher I've used, and it has an option to set margins for both the top/bottom and sides of the screen, which will fix your problem. I had the same issue too earlier, and this solved my problems.

I would also like to know if you can use the stock app drawer with Nova or any other custom launcher... i've noticed it runs just a little bit smoother.

OP
CM-Freak

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Thanks, switched back to my mav rom for now because of a need for the video camera. But think I am gonna flash the newest nightly and try out nova