ADW Launcher V2.0 Is Finally Released!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It looks like it is officially time to ditch Nova Launcher! One of my all time favorite custom launchers is back from the dead! ADW has just released their first update in years. This brings the launcher up to version 2.0.

Updates to the launcher include material like animations, new settings for homescreen/shortcuts/widgets/dynamic color, new transition animations, a new app drawer, and much more. There are also new gesture settings. The update is beta so there could be bugs. A final build should be available soon. Grab this launcher from the link below.

via Play Store

Beta Opt In

Extension Pack

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit more confused than normal. The Play version hasn't been updated since 2013 so would we install that version then tap the link for the beta opt in above?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's a pretty ballsy statement about the #1 Launcher on Play.
Idk. ADW was up there in popularity before Nova came along. Doesn't mean I think it's going to unseat Nova any time soon, but I get the feeling there will be a fair number of people who install this updated version for nostalgia's sake, if nothing else. I was using ADW Ex Launcher years before I ever even heard of Nova. That said, I'm content with Google Launcher.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Based on that video, I don't see anything that screams for me to change launchers. Maybe I'm missing something. I do like playing with new launchers though so may have to give it a run for a bit just for the sake of playing around with it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still a pretty bold statement. Yea, yea, I used every launcher. There's a reason Nova is king and ADW is laying broken in the dust.

I don't get why anyone uses Google Launcher. Just put a Google Now widget on your home screen. O look, Google Launcher. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still a pretty bold statement. Yea, yea, I used every launcher. There's a reason Nova is king and ADW is laying broken in the dust.

I don't get why anyone uses Google Launcher. Just put a Google Now widget on your home screen. O look, Google Launcher. :D
I'm a simple man. I used to rom and theme and use launchers and tweak icons and all of that. Now, I don't really care about all of the fancy bells and whistles. Everyone once in awhile, I'll load Nova or another up, but it really doesn't offer anything I just "have to have" over Google's offering to me. Sure, animations are kinda cool, but meh...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like different. I don't like Stock aka boring. This is why I've tried literally ever launcher. If there is a launcher I haven't tried, it's new. I like gestures. I like (a very few) icon packs. I like scrolling animations. I like gestures.
BTW, I actually own the ADW paid version.
So I'm really not just talking trash here to ADW. ;)
(And, of course, Launcher boy will try this out...)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I could never really get into gestures on the homescreen. I've tried MANY launchers myself. My issue with icon packs is that, invariably, there are a few apps the I like on my homescreens that don't have an icon in the set. I don't care if they're not skinned in the app drawer, but if I'm going to use a pack on my screens, I want them all skinned. I do miss animations at times. I should go back to TSF Shell's 3D launcher. Paid good money for that one...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using 2.0 all weekend, I actually really like it. Tons of customizations. I never really got into the original ADW because it always seemed glitchy. I haven't even thought of going back to Nova yet

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm pretty sure there was another one that I paid $15 for as well as TSF, but I can't even remember which one it was or if it was actually a launcher.

TSF has been slow and stagnant for quite a while. Still like the transitions in the 3D version though. It worked for my uses last time I used it.