Adw ex

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know I decided to try out adw ex & it's well worth the $3.28. Its got a lot of new features like changing the animations when you slide between screens & a few different types of app drawers. It has a bit of a bigger memory footprint but I've yet to have any screen redraws with compcache turned off & actually feels snappier than LP or regular adw........ the biggest turn off though is it has its own windowed transitions that I can't seem to turn off. Hopefully that will be remedied in future updates.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
see i tried it and had terrible lag. i turned off the screen animations, 4d scrolling, fancy icon backgrounds also and still it ran bad. idk whats up with ti for me bc i had the beta a month ago and had it all on and it ran great and previous ud releases.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like ADW EX so far. I'm not getting any of the lag and it is pretty snappy.

Any real 'usefulness' or functional improvements over LP? I'm having no redraws or lag with LP (full version) so need something other than performance (have they added more 'docks' yet to ADW? that is one thing I like with LP are the 12 dock locations).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like ADW EX so far. I'm not getting any of the lag and it is pretty snappy.

Any real 'usefulness' or functional improvements over LP? I'm having no redraws or lag with LP (full version) so need something other than performance (have they added more 'docks' yet to ADW? that is one thing I like with LP are the 12 dock locations).

Yes, with 5 different app drawer choices (from performance to looks) and the hidden app drawer (which has been here forever) that has the same functionality as multiple docks. Oh, and some kick-arse transition animations XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, with 5 different app drawer choices (from performance to looks) and the hidden app drawer (which has been here forever) that has the same functionality as multiple docks. Oh, and some kick-arse transition animations XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks, I'll check it out. Like the custom app drawer idea.

Edit:
Can anyone confirm that it supports 'scrollable' widgets for me before I drop the $, thanks.

OP
dfuser312553

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sliding between screens is so snappy for me now. I've never been able to get LP or adw to be this smooth. Also I'm not experiencing any jutter when scrolling in the app drawer like I had before.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I gave it a shot. Still so laggy! LPP is way faster on my phone. I didn't notice any difference btwn ADW and ADW EX in terms of snappiness or smooth scrolling. Also would still lag a lot waking up. Ill stick with LPP and wait to see what fede has in store next.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gave it a shot. Still so laggy! LPP is way faster on my phone. I didn't notice any difference btwn ADW and ADW EX in terms of snappiness or smooth scrolling. Also would still lag a lot waking up. Ill stick with LPP and wait to see what fede has in store next.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks for the tip. LPP is flawless for me right now (even when combined with WidgetLocker), considering the new BS refund policy on the market I think I'll pass.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's weird how the same stylel phones can act so different from each other. I have never liked adw and have always used LP but I gave adw ex a shot and my phone has never ran so good. I honestly can't believe how fast the screens and drawer move.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's weird how the same stylel phones can act so different from each other. I have never liked adw and have always used LP but I gave adw ex a shot and my phone has never ran so good. I honestly can't believe how fast the screens and drawer move.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the subtle differences between ROMs and/or kernels. And quite possibly other things such as widgets and other settings unique to each person.

OP
dfuser312553

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to run LP because it was snappy but switched to ADW because of the redraw I was experiencing even though it wasn't particularly snappy on my set. I put ADW on my friends Eris & it was perfect.... I don't know where I'm going with this..... I guess this is my first time being content with my launcher.

BTW I was wondering if anyone else uninstalls all their launchers not being used? I get rid of the stock UD launcher & any others I'm not trying out via rename .bak because it will start up randomly even though it isn't the default. Don't know if it makes a difference.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used to run LP because it was snappy but switched to ADW because of the redraw I was experiencing even though it wasn't particularly snappy on my set. I put ADW on my friends Eris & it was perfect.... I don't know where I'm going with this..... I guess this is my first time being content with my launcher.

BTW I was wondering if anyone else uninstalls all their launchers not being used? I get rid of the stock UD launcher & any others I'm not trying out via rename .bak because it will start up randomly even though it isn't the default. Don't know if it makes a difference.

I agree, Im not sure but I guess the combination that is really getting it done for me is UD25, ADW Ex Launcher, Slayher 1.6 Kernel, Set CPU Control, Linear theme and a few widgets. This thing is ridiculous.