Advanced task killer app?

trueangla

Reaction score
I just downloaded it. Am I supposed to check the box of all my apps or just the ones I don't use? Right now I have just the ones I really don't use checked, they happen to be preinstalled app like news. My droid 2 seems to be running slower than before installing task killer. Suggestions?

rage813

Reaction score
I use the task manager made by motorola that came with my phone if i didnt have it i would be using the ATK people say its bad but it doesnt slow your phone down if you use it right only let it kill apps like browser and youtube and other apps you install from the market put stuff like skype text messaging social app(bloatware) and things that always come back when you kill them on your ignore list this way it wont kill your battery

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You do realize that Android will shut those down itself, right?

I use the task manager made by motorola that came with my phone if i didnt have it i would be using the ATK people say its bad but it doesnt slow your phone down if you use it right only let it kill apps like browser and youtube and other apps you install from the market put stuff like skype text messaging social app(bloatware) and things that always come back when you kill them on your ignore list this way it wont kill your battery

DroidForums junkie!!

rage813

Reaction score
If you say so but my battery life is better with task manager

rage813

Reaction score
Just saying if you kill apps that dont start unless you start them then it shouldnt be bad it helps my battery alot. Certain apps like bloatware will always start no matter what so i choose not to go near them. The task manager i use came pre installed on my phone and it has a link to the moto website saying that it only helps your phone and doesnt harm it

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just saying if you kill apps that dont start unless you start them then it shouldnt be bad it helps my battery alot. Certain apps like bloatware will always start no matter what so i choose not to go near them. The task manager i use came pre installed on my phone and it has a link to the moto website saying that it only helps your phone and doesnt harm it

Dude, uninstall the app. It does nothing good for your phone that you can't do in other ways and that don't run all the time putting a whack on your battery and CPU. :)

rage813

Reaction score
I can't uninstall it. Its part of the bloatware that comes with the phone. it comes with the D2G and the pro ONLY and it doesnt come with the regular D2 or the x so if you don't have the D2G or the pro you wont see it because it isnt in the marketplace it kind of resembles watchdog because it tells you the percentage of cpu each app is using. usually when you back out of an app and check the task manager it shows how much ram its using up but it says 0 percent cpu usage because its not actually active anymore on the screen. I trust it only because motorola made it