Ads suddenly appearing in notification bar

Tim B

Reaction score
I recently began having a yellow star show up un my notification bar a few times a day. When I check it there are various ads that come from a domain called push.senddroid.com. Any ideas on how to determine which ap is causing these ads so I can delete or freeze it. I am usually not using any ap in particular when it happens so I don't know which one is responsible but I do want to stop it. It is most annoying when it is in the notification bar each time.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You need to download an air push ad detecting app like Lookout. When you run it, it'll tell you which app is causing those ads so you can delete it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Usually it is an app that was recently added. I actually just had that happen with an app that I upgraded. I had the app for a very long time and no problems. I upgraded it and started to get the notification ads. Air push detected it as purple dream (something like that...a go theme). While the ad was still in my notification bar, I uninstalled that app and the ad immediately disappeared.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

Tim B

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm gonna try that. The ads started about the same time i installed a free stopwatch/timer ap. That's pretty crappy of the developer to try to hide the fact that it's his ap causing the ads.