Adrian Peterson indicted on charges for negligent injury to a child

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
peterson31.jpg

This currently is an on going case but he has been indicted by a grand jury out of Montgomery County, Texas on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child. With all that is going on with Greg Hardy, Ray McDonald, and Ray Rice the NFL is starting the season off on the wrong foot as far as player discipline.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm all for spanking, and some kids really do need a good swat on the rear, but if blood is drawn then that kind of discipline crosses the line to me.

Considering what's happening with the Ray Rice situation, this could be an opportunity for Goodell to save some face.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm all for spanking, and some kids really do need a good swat on the rear, but if blood is drawn then that kind of discipline crosses the line to me.

Considering what's happening with the Ray Rice situation, this could be an opportunity for Goodell to save some face.
Uhh Goodell really needs a reality check, how the heck is Greg Hardy still playing. Based on the take released what he did was much worse than ray rice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Uhh Goodell really needs a reality check, how the heck is Greg Hardy still playing. Based on the take released what he did was much worse than ray rice.

Sadly, coverage on the Hardy case doesn't seem to be as big news. And now that a superstar, a face of the NFL, is in trouble, the Hardy case takes a backseat again. Goodell will be judged by how he handles this Peterson case.

Minnesota handled it right by deactivating him for Sunday's game until further investigation.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve judgment but after seeing the pictures from TMZ A. Peterson deserves punishment. I grew up with hard discipline so I'm am not against "sparing the rod" but there is a difference between discipline and abuse and that looks like abuse.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wanted to reserve judgment but after seeing the pictures from TMZ A. Peterson deserves punishment. I grew up with hard discipline so I'm am not against "sparing the rod" but there is a difference between discipline and abuse and that looks like abuse.

I wasn't raised that way so my perspective may be a bit more harsh.

A good spank on the rear is needed for some kids, heck I think I was spanked once or twice as a kid. However, my parents never took a foreign object and used it to punish me, so just the thought of doing so to a kid crosses the line to me.

I believe that in some regards today's society is a bit too sensitive, but using a foreign object to punish is something I find a bit shocking that it was acceptable, or at least people were more lenient about, at one point in time. That's both physical and mental abuse imo. I would be terrified if my parents had ever took their belts off with the intent of using it to punish me.

It's an old school punishment that definitely doesn't belong in today's society.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I mentioned in the NFL thread, if Ray Rice receives an indefinite suspension for KO'ing his drunk wife, AP had better receive the same punishment for abusing his defenseless child.
The Montgomery County DA's office just said Adrian Peterson's decision to whip his child with a tree branch exceeded "reasonable discipline" and that is why he has been indicted for felony child abuse.

The DA says parents are allowed to use discipline -- presumably some physical force -- but it has to be in line with reasonable community standards.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3DDpWmcrg
0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

If you can look at these pictures and still believe it was reasonable discipline, I hope you don't have children.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I mentioned in the NFL thread, if Ray Rice receives an indefinite suspension for KO'ing his drunk wife, AP had better receive the same punishment for abusing his defenseless child.

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

If you can look at these pictures and still believe it was reasonable discipline, I hope you don't have children.
The league office continues to be blatant with their inconsistencies and stupidity. You are in the spotlight for players abusing women and we are not too far away from the Ben Roth. case from a few years ago. They clearly got it wrong with ray rice, so how do they "correct the issue" by not dealing with Greg Hardy, A P, and Ray McDonald. That is how you show the world you are serious about player discipline :rolleyes: . And the irony is that the only player suspended indefinitely (Ray Rice) was the most civil compared to the others (which tells you how bad the others were but hey TMZ hasn't "released a tape". But you better not get caught with marijuana in your system, that will not be tolerated.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Those pics make me sick. I have a 7yr old daughter and I would never hit her or use any kind of physical punishment on her. That is plainly abuse and he needs to go to jail. Plain and simple. His career needs to go bye bye as well. He cannot be held up as a role model after something like this.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those pics make me sick. I have a 7yr old daughter and I would never hit her or use any kind of physical punishment on her. That is plainly abuse and he needs to go to jail. Plain and simple. His career needs to go bye bye as well. He cannot be held up as a role model after something like this.
Did I mention that AP stuffed leaves (Yes, tree leaves.) in his mouth before beating him? How about when AP admitted to hitting his son in his testicles?

Seriously, it's disgusting.