Adrian Peterson indicted on charges for negligent injury to a child

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with the fact he couldn't care less? He's smiling in a mug shot taken for beating his own child.

0913-adrian-peterson-mug-shot-6.jpg

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
AP released a statement today saying, "I never intended to harm my son. I caused an injury that I never intended or thought would happen."

First and foremost, someone had an excellent point in an interview earlier today stating, "It's assault to touch another adult, especially hit them, in such a form that you can be arrested and sentenced to prison. Why is it acceptable to hit children for discipline, regardless of intent?" I'm not saying physical discipline is right or wrong, but her statement will make you think.

Secondly, AP's intent really doesn't matter in this case. In a sense, it's like you pointed a revolver with one bullet at someone, and pulled the trigger thinking it was the blank, but it was the bullet, and now they're dead. You're intent may not have been to kill them, but the result was their death. A prosecutor today stated that in this case, intent doesn't matter. The result was bloody, open wounds.

I'm beyond him being reinstated now. (In case you haven't seen, he's practicing and expected to start this week.) I think he should face criminal charges, and the two year sentence they've stated he's currently facing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And now there's news of another case.

Vikings made a mistake letting him come back so soon. They obviously prioritize winning over what's right.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the reality is that has the nfl not been facing the scrutiny they were from Ray Rice and Greg Hardy A P would have played yesterday. Regardless of whether you believe in physical discipline there is a difference between a swat and open wounds and that is the difference between correction and abuse. Again I understand there are people on different sides of the fence as far as discipline but even the people on the side of the fence that believes in spanking would agree that AP was way over the line.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And now there's news of another case.

Vikings made a mistake letting him come back so soon. They obviously prioritize winning over what's right.

What other case?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vikings are sitting him until legal proceedings are complete. Excellent call, IMO.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vikings are sitting him until legal proceedings are complete. Excellent call, IMO.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
I saw this morning he was put on some commissioners this and that list, basically "we don't know what to do so we made up a good sounding name list to put him on" for now. Physically exempt list I think it's called? It sounds like a good place to put any player facing criminal charges until they get their day in court instead of the nfl trying to decide what's acceptable bad behavior and what's not. It also frees up salary cap money while they're on it to pay their replacement if I understand it correctly.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This whole situation is being handled so poorly. I don't get why this wasn't decided in the beginning instead of having this flip flop with Peterson being deactivated, activated (after a terrible loss), and now being suspended.

Adrian Peterson is a superstar of the NFL, one of the faces of the sport. By using him as an example, the NFL could've really sent out a warning that, no matter your status, certain behaviors will not be tolerated. He should've ended up on this "commissioner exempt" list from the beginning. Since they flip flopped, the NFL once again, ruined their image. And Peterson even made it easy for them, he turned himself in for crying out loud.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole situation is being handled so poorly. I don't get why this wasn't decided in the beginning instead of having this flip flop with Peterson being deactivated, activated (after a terrible loss), and now being suspended.

Adrian Peterson is a superstar of the NFL, one of the faces of the sport. By using him as an example, the NFL could've really sent out a warning that, no matter your status, certain behaviors will not be tolerated. He should've ended up on this "commissioner exempt" list from the beginning. Since they flip flopped, the NFL once again, ruined their image. And Peterson even made it easy for them, he turned himself in for crying out loud.
They were so used to looking the other way, just like college football, that they really didn't know what to do until a few missteps took place.
I honestly don't believe the Vikings brought him back because of the 1 loss, just it was bad timing . I think they intended to the entire time thinking they'd appease whoever by deactivating him until they for a sense of the prevailing winds of social justice. Goodell actually rescued them from themselves but this is also the same team that did the Walker trade that gave the Cowboys a few super bowls and they've blundered numerous times since then with huge detrimental consequences to themselves. It was just the Vikings being the Vikings business as usual.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk