adobe flash

Redwinger2001

Reaction score
So, my boyfriend has the HTC eris and I can play a wordgame on his phone that requires adobe flash player. I assumed I'd be able to play it on my new phone but it says that it only will work with 2.2. what gives? I thought that having adobe on these phones were a big selling point????

kpiskin

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the phone shipped with 2.1. Flash will be in the froyo upgrade that is promised next month. I was going to wait to buy my DX until after the upgrade, but glad I didn't because now the phone is not in stock and people have to wait at least two weeks to get one. I had froyo on my droid and miss flash already. I feel your pain.

OP
R

Redwinger2001

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I think it's weird that a phone that's a year old would have adobe flash, but not the new one. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

chilosix

Reaction score
I had froyo on my droid and miss flash already. I feel your pain.

Me too, what's funny is that i picked up my old droid last night and tried to play a video via wifi.... the screen seemed tiny...sliding the keyboard seemed awkward.... i've only had my x for 4 days.... i don't think i can ever go back to a smaller screen or a physical keyboard! But i really do miss flash... i can't wait to see it run on this huge beautiful screen.

Noxic

Reaction score
I also love my DX!! So so so so thankful I no longer have to press my entire screen in to type anything! (BB Storm)......ugh

edwardsgroup

Reaction score
I also love my DX!! So so so so thankful I no longer have to press my entire screen in to type anything! (BB Storm)......ugh

OMG you are so right about that BB Storm...that was PAINFULLY FRUSTRATING having to push in the entire screen and it never worked if I had to press in the corners. Very bad design!!!