Additional Fees for the Droid?

YA123

Reaction score
Are there any additional fees for the Motorola Droid, other than the 199.99 price, because I heard that there is a additional Data plan fee. If that is true what is the monthly bill for the droid. (If the additional fee is large, my dad won't let me get the phone, even though i'd pay the additional fee) Also, how long would I have to pay this additional fee, and can I get out of it somehow:) Thanks

OP
YA123

YA123

Reaction score
:( how long will that last, cause i got about 300 bucks, and my dad hates additional charges

Droid1610

Reaction score
Yes there is a data plan required to have the droid. it prices out @ $30.00 per month and honestly there doesnt seem to be away around paying for this because the phone operates on data for basically everything it does. as far as for how long you will have to pay for this its for as long as you have the phone active on a line of service. for $30 a month its worth it hands down with all you get. Also see if verizon can give the account holder any discounts for where they work i know I get a % off and it applies to the data plan also.

OP
YA123

YA123

Reaction score
thanks, Droid1610. It is worth it? hmmm, how much money would it be with the data plan for a year, also, I got wifi, so I dont exactly believe I need the data plan. I think it would be nice to have, But I really don't want to deplete my money, I'm only 15, well and like 3/4ths and I don't have a job. And I got 200 dollars right now, so it would be tough for me to say afloat with this phones plan

OP
YA123

YA123

Reaction score
I'm sry greenchicken that doesnt help much, because I really don't want the data plan, i guest my hopes of getting a droid are shattered. All I have to say is THANKS VERIZON FOR RUINING MY DREAMS. (sry bout that ConqSoft)

Last edited:

jthorpe

Reaction score
thanks, Droid1610. It is worth it? hmmm, how much money would it be with the data plan for a year, also, I got wifi, so I dont exactly believe I need the data plan. I think it would be nice to have, But I really don't want to deplete my money, I'm only 15, well and like 3/4ths and I don't have a job. And I got 200 dollars right now, so it would be tough for me to say afloat with this phones plan

Not trying to be a jerk but if you're only 15 the last thing you should be worrying about right now is a cell phone. Go to school and do what you need to do... and tell your friends to put the phone down and pay attention in class.... Just saying.

Oh yeah, and thanks for being the perfect example of why so many kids these days disgust me.

Get a job and earn a living and then complain if you want but for now, Mommy and Daddy says what goes..

OP
YA123

YA123

Reaction score
I dont text during class, I liked this phone, "kids" if you call 16 year olds that like phones too. they are also people. i'm not trying to go against what they say. If thre is an additional fee I myself will work around it or I will pay for it. thorpe you were a kid too once, so cut some slack

OP
YA123

YA123

Reaction score
Also, i've been thinking and $720 for a phone doesn't sound to promising for me. This better be a very very good phone, cause I don't know where I'm going to get this money

Fullenwider

Reaction score
I made my College Kid pay the $199 and the $30/month for his phone. Since he makes $7/Hr I pay the rest. If you want it bad enough you gotta sacrifice.
Makes you appreciate it more.

vonfink13

Reaction score

Not trying to be a jerk but if you're only 15 the last thing you should be worrying about right now is a cell phone. Go to school and do what you need to do... and tell your friends to put the phone down and pay attention in class.... Just saying.

Oh yeah, and thanks for being the perfect example of why so many kids these days disgust me.

Get a job and earn a living and then complain if you want but for now, Mommy and Daddy says what goes..

you are bullying a 15 year old kid...did that make you feel like a big man..???...

dtboos

Reaction score
All smart phones are going to have a data plan attached, so wait till you can afford one. Until then, just grab a normal cell phone with messaging ect.