"Foreign Trans. Fee"

Foy

Reaction score
I appologize if this has been asked before and excuse me for not just acccepting this but what is the $1.30 "Foreign Trans. Fee" on my bill when I purchase an app from Market? I could understand it if the price was listed in something other than US dollars, I simply do not purchase those apps. But all my purchases showed the price in US currency and no mention of any additional "fees."

Does it say something somewhere and I just did not see it?

Foy (I want my $2.60 back) in
Las Vegas

droidfannd

Reaction score
Maybe you should contact Google Checkout customer service?

I've only seen the foreign transaction fee on Market purchases that were listed in foreign currencies.

OP
F

Foy

Reaction score
Credit card statement.

I guess I'll have to check what country it's coming from but everything I bought was in US currency. I'll contact Google checkout.

Thanks,
Foy
Las Vegas

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Yet another example of banks adding fees wherever they can. In this case, the developer is outside the US and your credit card company is charging you an FTF. In the case of most apps, the FTF is as much or more than the price of the app.

I had originally thought that since the market acted as an "intermediary" in the transaction that these wouldn't be passed on but, turns out they are.

It sucks.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I got this when I purchased Beautiful Widgets. It was only three cents so I didn't worry too much about it. Will monitor it though.