Adding video to the Bionic

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Jst,

Great. By the way, the progarm is called DVD Catalyst, and I use it as well. The developer is/was one of the most helpful folks in the Audio/Video subforum. I had not checked on updates since upgrading to the Bionic, but I am downloading the latest version as I type this. Thanks for the reminder that I needed to do that. Back when I ripped all of my DVD's, I did the dual rip where the movies were ripped to fit the Droid, and ripped to a lossless format. I need to play around and see if the new Bionic setting will display the movies any larger or better than the D1 format (which plays just fine on the Bionic). I am hoping I can rerip/convert from the lossless format to the Bionic, without having to redo from the actual DVD.

Craig

OP
jstwondrng

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Jst,

Great. By the way, the progarm is called DVD Catalyst, and I use it as well. The developer is/was one of the most helpful folks in the Audio/Video subforum. I had not checked on updates since upgrading to the Bionic, but I am downloading the latest version as I type this. Thanks for the reminder that I needed to do that. Back when I ripped all of my DVD's, I did the dual rip where the movies were ripped to fit the Droid, and ripped to a lossless format. I need to play around and see if the new Bionic setting will display the movies any larger or better than the D1 format (which plays just fine on the Bionic). I am hoping I can rerip/convert from the lossless format to the Bionic, without having to redo from the actual DVD.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Yeah, after that post, I realized it was called DVD Catalyst lol! I was messing with some of the settings tonight and I found one for Bionic HD... Also, I downloaded a beta for ripping Blu-Ray movies from the same company. Oh and I agree, the developer is very helpful and answered all of my questions within minutes of me emailing him. He even pointed me in the right direction for tips and tricks...

So far, I have about 5 movies and at least 6 TV shows ripped... Did I mention I need sleep??? lol

Jstwondrng

cbrmike

Reaction score
NotTechnical , hope this helps

All I did was connect to the pc put the phone in USB mass storage, when the pc finds the removable disk click on >open folder view files then right click> new>folder
I just named it movies. I then just drag and drop, you will find the movie is in your gallery.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
if you want to put pics or videos on your phone and don't want them to show up in the gallery (personal, wardrobe challenged, whatever) then put a . in front of the folder name. of course you'll have to use a file explorer to find and watch them.

s.dubs317

Reaction score
There are also a few video players available on the market that will play many different file formats so you don't have to waste time converting. Qqplayer and rock player lite are my personal 2 favorite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Handbrake anyone? I just tried it with some avi files, used the iphone4 setting, worked fine.