Adding phone files to pc

JJDH

Reaction score
I have been learning this new phone. droid x. . Does it make sense to copy all of the phone files and info and store it on the pc? If so what is the best way?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
What exactly are you wanting to try and copy? User files such as pics and videos never hurt to be backed up on a separate folder on a computer. As far as the phone files themselves, do you mean doing a back up of the phone? If so, you need to be rooted in order to do that properly.

Just opening the phone via USB and copying all files will not be a real back-up...

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Thanks. Im still catching on, eventually will root the phone. When the phone is connected to pc just find the pic and vid folder and save it? Everything else is a mute point unless rooted.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks. Im still catching on, eventually will root the phone. When the phone is connected to pc just find the pic and vid folder and save it? Everything else is a mute point unless rooted.

Well, to put it bluntly...Yes...:) I myself have a folder on my PC that I labeled Droid X files, and I copy over all the files in my Pictures & Video files every so often. This way, on the chance that my SD card gets toasted, at least I wont lose all my stuff...