Adding google email account that end in edu?

tallenskinny

Reaction score
I search the forums, I couldnt find anything but here is my problem

I just got a droid, and I added my regular gmail account to it
but I also have a school account that runs on google, but goes like thing
[email protected] I log on through a different site, its hard to explain

I log on through xxxxxxx.com and enter my information, and then I am directed through a different site, I click a link, and then it directs me to my email thats under google, but end in @csumb.edu

basically I want to add it to my droid
any help would be appreciate thanks

Vitticeps

Reaction score
You will have to enable pop3 access on that account through the website you manage your google apps for education login. Then set up the account on the Droid as a pop3 account.

I can't give you the details without knowing what school and such but just do a search on your school's support site for how to set up email in Outlook Express or other email readers, the settings will be the same for the Droid.

Chilazr

Reaction score
I would recommend just forwarding your ".edu" mail to your regular gmail. I have an "arizona.edu" email address and I wanted it all consolidated as well. Now all my university email comes into my gmail account and I don't have to check multiple programs.
If you haven't, make sure you enable IMAP on your gmail account, but I'd suggest that as just a basic setting anyways.
Just in case you don't know to forward your email:
go to your .edu account and got to Setting->Fowarding and POP/IMAP->Forwarding then enter your gmail account and click "Save" at the bottom. You should start having your .edu e-mail forwarded and then on your phone.
If you have a help desk on campus for computer issues, you can go ask them if there is a more streamlined way. But I've never had a problem. I got all my professors' emails and it has definitely saved my a$$ a few times.
Hope that helps some.