Add custom Nav buttons to Galaxy Nexus via AOKP mod coming SOON

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;4PETMmWSbSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PETMmWSbSo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

There are so many mods and customization options in the AOKP Rom for the Galaxy Nexus that it is hard to imagine that any more innovation could possibly come to the Rom control, but then you remember that the AOKP dev team is constantly working on new stuff and every once in a while they drop an awesome teaser of features to come! The above video shows an awesome mod that is coming to the navigation mods that goes way beyond the number of buttons and their color. With the mod that is coming you will be able to add any system app or any app period to your nav bar. Theoretically you could add browser button and camera or email to the nav bar and get rid of the app dock all together giving you even more screen realestate! This mod is pretty sweet, and I can't wait to see this begin to rollout on the Roms. What will these guys think of next?!

via Rootzwiki

g_what

Reaction score
I'd love this once it reaches the point of being able to theme each of the icons. I don't want the standard browser icon on there next to the sleek ICS icons for home, back, etc.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Now you know why, AOKP on the Nexus, with Cobalt theme makes this "the Droid we have been looking for".

djspy

Reaction score
I don't have a Nexus but I KNOW not having the search button at the bottom would bug me to no end. I would definitely love this. Good job!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I rarely post in these news articles, but this is definitely something I can't wait for.

52brandon

Reaction score
I don't have a Nexus but I KNOW not having the search button at the bottom would bug me to no end. I would definitely love this. Good job!
if that's something that's kept you from getting one, the current AOKP ROM already gives you the option to add or remove the search button

I do second the sentiment of not really all that excited until it can be themed to match the other buttons. The development of this is damn amazing, don't mean to take away from that, I just don't wanna mix drawer icons with the button icons for the sake of looks