ADB and calendar install questions

Dante2011

Reaction score
Okay, So i was trying to get my calendar to work differently and I uninstalled it completely. I did this with a rooted phone and titanium backup. Now I need to reinstall it and I am looking for the best way. From what I understand the best way is to use ADB and reinstall. I have the calendarprovider.apk and the calendar.apk I just cannot get it back on the phone.

I can get into ADP command shell and my understanding is that the command is adp install (then some kind of path) calendarprovider.apk.

The problem is, is that i have an example of the command line and the adp shell keeps giving me the error "cannot find c:\downloads\calendar.apk to install"

I am thinking it is the syntax with the shell i am missing....

So, my calendar.apk and provider.apk for my system are here. c:\downloads\calendar\calendar.apk can someone give me the exact typing (syntax) of what i need to type in the shell to install this thing?

Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
So, my calendar.apk and provider.apk for my system are here. c:\downloads\calendar\calendar.apk can someone give me the exact typing (syntax) of what i need to type in the shell to install this thing?

Thanks

This link may help with ADB if I'm wrong about the commands: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

1st off, I'd put the calendar.apk in the same folder as ADB. So, for this example, I have mine in C:\SDK\tools. Then I would "cd" to that folder, like this;

cd C:\SDK\tools

Then I'd install it like this;

adb push calendar.apk /system/app/calendar.apk
(there's a space between .apk & /system..)

If you get an error saying you can not write there, then type this before you push it again;

adb remount

This is how I install .apk's to my phone. Hope this helps.

BTW, If you know of a theme for your phone that you can flash through recovery, you can modify it to flash just those .apk's.

OP
D

Dante2011

Reaction score
okay i got it. the trouble was that I was attempting the install from within the Shell command. I am not supposed to do that. it is just from a standard c: prompt.. then the adb install command.

New trouble though. the calendar apk I have is outdated. At least that is my assumption. I am getting a user intereference error.

Does anyone have the stock calendar.apk for the bionic?