ad popup

Slayers

Reaction score
While working today I got some weird ad popup saying "droid users enter to win ipad2" one of my coworkers was playing with my phone and clicked on the link for this which opened up the browser to some page when I saw this I closed it out but now I am worried that maybe it was some sort of adware or something else should I now install lookout or avg on my phone or is there something I can watch for to make sure it was really nothing?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While working today I got some weird ad popup saying "droid users enter to win ipad2" one of my coworkers was playing with my phone and clicked on the link for this which opened up the browser to some page when I saw this I closed it out but now I am worried that maybe it was some sort of adware or something else should I now install lookout or avg on my phone or is there something I can watch for to make sure it was really nothing?

No reason for alarm. Many free apps in the market are paid for via popup ads. There are ad blocking apps if you want or you can just uninstall the free versions of apps and buy their paid brethren.

OP
Slayers

Slayers

Reaction score
So even thou this ad was sent kinda like a text message I should be ok then?

busab

Reaction score
I had the same issue over the weekend. It would pop up as a star in my notification bar. I downloaded a anti virus program to try and find the culprit. It did not find anything. I deleted a tethering program I had installed from the market and it hasn't done it again. The tether program in question was easy tether lite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
Slayers

Slayers

Reaction score
That is the same thing I had today I guess I will just watch and see if it happens again I don't have any tethering programs or anything weird like that so I don't know what program might have caused it.

Thank you guys

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had the same issue over the weekend. It would pop up as a star in my notification bar. I downloaded a anti virus program to try and find the culprit. It did not find anything. I deleted a tethering program I had installed from the market and it hasn't done it again. The tether program in question was easy tether lite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Install Airpush from the market and it will find which app is sending you ads into your notification bar.