Active Link

emjackso

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the Liberty Rom for my Droid 2 and every link I have found has been a dead end...Help?

OP
E

emjackso

Reaction score
I've never installed a custom ROM before and from what I've read, I understand that I need to load 1.5 and then get the toolbox app to upgrade to 2.0, but I haven't been able to get the .zip file for 1.5 for the Droid 2.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I don't see 1.5 anywhere. I only see 2.0 on jrummy's index page. You might as well join the rest of us that are on the new Liberty Gingerbread ROM.

OP
E

emjackso

Reaction score
Thats fine...could you point me in that direction?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Sure. First I need to know if you are rooted or not? You just have a stock Froyo ROM loaded onto your D2?

OP
E

emjackso

Reaction score
Nope I'm rooted but I found the link so hopefully I should be good from here. Thanks so much for your help!

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I see you have a D2Global. You should check and make sure that someone with a D2Global was able to port it over otherwise you will have serious problems with your phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm predicting a bootloop session swagger.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I know. I didn't see that person is a D2G user. They need to separate D2G and D3 from the D2 section of the forum. Too many of those D2G users come in here and try to do the same exact thing we do and get all these problems.

Guess we will hear back from him or her shortly, lol.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
;) indeed. Have you tried the gingercomb juiced theme? It's looking nice on my phone

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

OP
E

emjackso

Reaction score
http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/08/complete-guide-how-to-flash-a-custom-rom-to-your-android-phone-with-rom-manager-full-backup-restore/

This is the tutorial I'm following I got the .zip file onto my SD card and was following the steps for number 5 and when it rebooted nothing had changed on my phone, so it didn't work. I'm aware that using Liberty on a D2G will require fixes and I found instructions on another forum here for those but I have to get the ROM to flash correctly and I'm not sure why it didn't.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I saw it in the other thread. I'm holding back from .08 since the problems seem to have more than tripled on what .07 issues were. .08 was suppose to be a HUGE improvement and significant changes and breakthroughs as tweeted by Jrummy.

It's nothing short of disappointment judging by the many users posting an abundance of problems and hardly any positivity being reported within it.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I think people aren't doing everything right. I did a clean wipe and install. I haven't had any major bugs. just a few misplaced icons.

That's my two penniea worth.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums