activation question

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to clarify something...

This might seem like a really dumb question and something I should know already, but I need to make sure I have my info straight.

I recently used an upgrade on my line and brought my wife over on a new line to start a new 2 year contract. If I ever activate my old phone on my line, will that mess with the contract at all? Verizon told me it didn't matter as long as the contract stays in place, but a part of me thinks that's weird, since I got a huge discount on the new phone b/c of the contract.

Though, and maybe this is my answer, I'm guessing my phone's ESN is tied to my contract no matter what phone is activated on my line, so it's not like I could sell it...

I've been off contract (month to month) so long I'm trying to make sure I understand this. Is my thought process correct?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
You probably got an answer from somewhere else by now but a contract is in no way tied to the device you get a discount on for signing said contract save the fact that you get it at a discount. Many people who are content with their phones renew their contract when it ends to get a $600 phone for $199.99 and then turn around and sell it for $500 or so....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums