Acer Iconia Tab A500 Available April 24th on Best Buy Pre-order for $449

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Acer_Iconia_Tab_A500.jpg

Acer officially announced their Iconia A500 tablet will be available for pre-order from Best Buy at $449 bucks on April 24th. This is their Wi-Fi only Honeycomb tablet with a 10.1 inch screen, 16GB storage, and a NVIDIA Tegra 250 1GHz dual-core processor with integrated GeForce GPU. Here's a 'snippet' from the press release, with the full press release at the source link below.
The Acer Iconia Tab A500 was built for usability on-the go. Its slim and modern aluminum design weighs only 1.69 pounds and measures only 0.52-inches thin. It also includes forward and rear-facing cameras for capturing videos and photos as well as video conferencing.

A Best Buy exclusive, the Acer Iconia Tab A500 with WiFi is now available for pre-order online at bestbuy.com and may be pre-ordered in stores beginning April 14. The Acer Iconia Tab A500 with WiFi will be available in stores and online beginning April 24. The Acer Iconia Tab A500 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $449.99.
Source: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Best Buy Pre-Order Full Press Release

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I like that they say it "only" weighs 1.69 pounds, when that's way heavier than the iPad 2 and even heavier than the Xoom. I think I'll wait for the galaxy tab 8.9 or 10.1.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Its amazing they could find any room for a screen with all that bezel.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I like that they say it "only" weighs 1.69 pounds, when that's way heavier than the iPad 2 and even heavier than the Xoom. I think I'll wait for the galaxy tab 8.9 or 10.1.

And the iPad 2 is a hunk of junk IMO.

Its amazing they could find any room for a screen with all that bezel.

I kind of like a larger bezel on tablets so you can hold it well without touchign the screen. Personal preference IMO.

spillner

Reaction score

It is a beast when you compare all three. If the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is priced similarly I would get it.

Mysfit

Reaction score
wow did motorola miss the boat with the xoom and its price points.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Now this looks like a tablet I could own. No data plan, no $800 price point.... And like others posted here, I like the fact that I can hold onto this without touching the screen with the edges. Not bad!

SkullOne

Reaction score
Now this looks like a tablet I could own. No data plan, no $800 price point.... And like others posted here, I like the fact that I can hold onto this without touching the screen with the edges. Not bad!

Same here. I like the look too. My wife has been wanting a tablet of some sort for her job and until this was announced iPad 2 was really my only choice...