Acer 4.8 inch "Phone" Might Meet Verizon LTE When Released

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

That huge 4.8 inch oddly shaped device we saw at CES this year by Acer, might be one of those devices coming to Verizon. This device with a resolution of 1,024×480 is now rumored to be coming home with it’s older/bigger brother, Iconia Tab A500, to Verizon. This makes the 5th new device from CES Verizon we might be getting.

You might be wondering what kind of software this will have... Well, we are hoping Honeycomb is the choice (as mentioned by Engadget), otherwise Froyo or Gingerbread is fine enough to keep us full of Google deserts.
The expected date for this U.S. phone is sometime in April, and while it’s expected to go to Verizon, Acer says they are still working on carrier partnerships.

Source (Acer’s 4.8-inch Phone/Tablet Could be Headed to Verizon in the US | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the specs, hopefully it's not a outdated 1Ghz processor and a dual core processor of some sort instead.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dang....I'm not sure if I like 4.8 inches of screen. The picture looks funny to me!
I think its because the screen is taller then say a droid x that has a wide screen ratio of 16 to 9, or an EVO which has. 16 to 10 ratio. I don't really care much for it either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
That's a little bit too big. (And I'm all about big...) but it's really tall.

Eh... pass.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Was excited when i saw this thread, only to realize that someone had a little too much fun with photoshop when they were designing this thing, that looks way too long. /sigh

geoff5093

Reaction score
I would rather have a slightly wider and less tall version of that. This just looks too odd to comfortably put in your pocket.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
No specs.... it's safe to say that if the specs weren't released at CES than it's going to be a disappointment?? Otherwise they would have used them as a 'selling point.' If the spec's haven't been set yet it means whatever they decide on will be 'rushed' and not polished when released.

johnnieeve

Reaction score
At some point this year I hope Verizon will come out with a slider keyboard phone, fully loaded, and a screen size at least 4.3" or more. Given the rapid advancements in development of the smartphones, such a phone, properly designed, could finally be a true laptop replacement. My D1 is used first for business and to me, a larger screen for viewing spreadsheets, etc. is well worth a little more bulk and weight.

jpeanes

Reaction score
That's photoshopped. Compare the guys arm and hand with the one in the mirror. If it was real, it would be a fugly phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would rather have a slightly wider and less tall version of that. This just looks too odd to comfortably put in your pocket.

Bingo....Acer must think there's an underserved market of people who carry phones in purses and backpacks, a market which IPhone probably absolutely owns.