About to throw this craptastic phone out the window

roseylisa

Reaction score
All.i can say is ive heard many with the same issues msybe a bad batch out thete that didnt get caught as lemons or they just didnt care i love the design and everthing but mone wad a lemon thought about yrying another one since i live in the boondocks amd no 4g insite amd my charge was from costco and they have no problems with returns but the non two facing camera botherss me my son is in the airforce but usually use home comp for skype anyway will they chsrge us alot more when 4 g is here i wonder?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I'm loving my new Thunderbolt. I installed das BAMF stripped 1.7 which makes it look almost like vanilla android and it uninstalls all the bloatware. Everything works great. No more popping audio, and the phone seems every bit as fast as the X2. No glitchy audio, no stuttering video.

In fact, I have it set up almost exactly like my D1 was and it's proving a fantastic replacement for my old Droid.

Now all I need is a decent car and desktop dock.

bennyj

Reaction score
I just traded my thunderbolt for the droid x 2. So far no issues. I hope you can deal with the many random reboots your going to have with that thunderbolt.not to mention the horrific battery life .

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

roseylisa

Reaction score
what do you think about the droid charge that is what I traded my dx2 in for.compared to the thunderbolt? And I know Im lame when it comes to this stuff but what is das bamf?

rushmore

Reaction score
I REALLY like the DX2, but did not like the MP3 pops (internal and microsd), random reboots and accumulating lag that seems to correlate with low operational ram. Still seems ironic that folks have to use an app designed for the 256mb Droid 1, in order to get decent performance.

If Gingerbread fixes the issues, I will get another DX2.... then again, the update will be August (at best), so probably some signs of the Bionic and Galaxy S2 by then.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I REALLY like the DX2, but did not like the MP3 pops (internal and microsd), random reboots and accumulating lag that seems to correlate with low operational ram. Still seems ironic that folks have to use an app designed for the 256mb Droid 1, in order to get decent performance.

If Gingerbread fixes the issues, I will get another DX2.... then again, the update will be August (at best), so probably some signs of the Bionic and Galaxy S2 by then.

what phone did you end up with?

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I just traded my thunderbolt for the droid x 2. So far no issues. I hope you can deal with the many random reboots your going to have with that thunderbolt.not to mention the horrific battery life .

Battery life has been as good as my original Droid. I keep it in a dock on my desk at work and on a dock overnight, so I haven't noticed if the battery is any worse. The lowest I've seen it is 50% and that's after about 20 minutes of 4G downloading of podcasts. I cannot believe how fast 4G is.

As for random reboots, the thing hasn't rebooted on its own even once. Unlike my X2 which rebooted several times the last day I had it. In short, the Thunderbolt is everything I had hoped the X2 would be.

Good luck with that X2. As time goes on, you're going to see all the little things that make it tough to live with day in and day out.

rushmore

Reaction score

what phone did you end up with?

Back to my Inc 1 until either the DX2 gets GB and this somehow fixes the three main issues, or the Droid Bionic is released. I tested the SG2 while in London last week and liked the device, so that would be considered too.

Still, the potential of the DX2's good points, along with an even better dual core, LTE option, more RAM and internal storage would make the Bionic my number one choice.

Until then, my Incredible works better than the DX2 did, since does not randomly reboot, have audio pops, or lag after a few hours of use. My Incredible holds out for about two days before needing a reboot.

The Incredible never appears to go below 150mb and neither does my gTablet, which like the DX2, has 512mb ram, Tegra 2 and Froyo.

Ravyn

Reaction score
I think you got a lemon bud... mine has been friggin awesome...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Don't ever throw your phone against a wall. it only dents the sheet rock and explodes the phone into pieces. (htc Tilt 2 Win 6.5 you laggy slow POS! Blam! The reason I left AT&T and got a droid.)

It had a nice keyboard, "Oh shut up!"

barrister89

Reaction score
I've had my X2 for a couple of days now, coming off an Incredible (dead screen, out of warranty). So far I like the X2 and the display is brighter and sharper than the Dinc's OLED and much more readable in sunlight. I have quibbles with some of the features and design but part of this is probably the learning curve you have with any new phone. The choices for me at VZ are pretty limited, either the X2, Dinc2, Samsung Charge or IPhone 4. Didn't like the Samsung interface as much and didn't seem as sturdy as the X2, no dual core and 4G didn't factor much in my decision making (as I doubt my city will have it within the next 2 years and even then in limited areas). Nice phone though and has gotten good reviews. I can still exchange the X2 for it by paying the 40 bucks if I choose. I liked the Dinc but the call quality and especially the sound at the earpiece was poor, while the X2 is crystal clear. People often had trouble hearing me on the Dinc. Maybe the Dinc2 solved these issues and I hear the battery life is very good, but the ability to hear callers and for them to hear you is pretty important on a phone, don't you think. IPhone, a slick and well designed phone for sure, has that umbilical cord to the despised (by me) ITunes virus of a program and I just couldn't bring my self to enter the Iphone app jail. Poorly written Android apps have screwed up many a phone but doing a little research before installing an app can prevent this. So what do you do if your stuck with Verizon? All the phones have their strengths and weaknesses. So far the X2 is giving me very acceptable battery life. Took it off the charger at 8 a.m., made a couple of calls, surfed the net at lunch and at 4 pm it is still almost 100% battery. I have left it in its virgin state to evaluate it. I usually do this with new phones for the first week to judge basic performance before tweaking. Can definitely feel your pain with what may be a dud phone. Hope you get it working better and don't chuck it against the wall, but if so please let us know if it still works or if the display glass broke.

smalltank

Reaction score
Personally..I had the Moto Attrix for 2 days before cancelling it and leaving ATT..problem with that phone was it didnt like my uverse wifi for my 2 phones..so..back to the store it went..now with big red on LG Revo..everything is fine...something about Moto I dont understand with their hardware..weather it is their wifi hardware or something else related to data transferring..gets picky