Abandoned?!

dzone67

Reaction score
Once we get Gingerbread if we even get Gingerbread -_-", you guys think Verizon/HTC will throw in the towel on this phone? Feels like they already have. Share your thoughts :)

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wouldn't really matter to me if they did or not personally, as long as the development community doesn't, I'm good :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Wouldn't really matter to me if they did or not personally, as long as the development community doesn't, I'm good :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Hey wutz up, DD! Never got to say thanks for the Pandora ha. I agree although I still haven't rooted ha xD

turdbogls

Reaction score
yeah it will probably get pushed out of the way. we will probably get 2.3.4 in the next month or so then that will be it. ICS comes out at the end of the year, that is almost a year into the TB's release and usually phones get canned after that long. even if we did get ICS from HTC/verizon it wont be until mid 2012 which IMO is just way to late for this phone to get such a huge update.

but i think ICS will come via the developer community.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once we get Gingerbread if we even get Gingerbread -_-", you guys think Verizon/HTC will throw in the towel on this phone? Feels like they already have. Share your thoughts :)

It will get Gingerbread, but yes I think that will be it, if the Vigor is to be believed.

Reaction score
Well the original Incredible looks like it will be getting Gingerbread so I see no reason why the TBolt wouldn't get ICS next year, although well down the line. HTC knows that keeping current customers happy will make them more likely to stay with HTC for their next upgrade. This is something that Samsung hasn't learned yet.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Well the original Incredible looks like it will be getting Gingerbread so I see no reason why the TBolt wouldn't get ICS next year, although well down the line. HTC knows that keeping current customers happy will make them more likely to stay with HTC for their next upgrade. This is something that Samsung hasn't learned yet.

^ yeah that

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Jaymond

Reaction score
HTC and Verizon are both part of the group that pledged to support all handsets for 18 months after release with updates as long as they can handle them. So the Thunderbolt should get updated to ICS as long as it can run it.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
HTC and Verizon are both part of the group that pledged to support all handsets for 18 months after release with updates as long as they can handle them. So the Thunderbolt should get updated to ICS as long as it can run it.

Does it really matter when they can give us typical bull that it can't? For example, HTC Thunderbolt doesn't have Sense 3.0, yet developers got a hold of it. Why is that the we can't get it from Big Red or HTC itself? They just keep us coming back.

kookk

Reaction score
As long as I get a stock android ics rom, I don't care

Sent from my cyanobolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
In no way is this device abandoned. I don't understand why this always comes up with a phone a couple months after release.

Kittysback

Reaction score
I saw a commercial for it the other day. First time in a while that I saw one for it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I saw a commercial for it the other day. First time in a while that I saw one for it.

Was it the HTC company commercial in which they show an HTC Thunderbolt using Skype front camera -_-*, or the Thunderbolt itself?

Kittysback

Reaction score
Nope, not HTC... For actual Thunderbolt. I saw it again last night... After I posted this message.

Reaction score
I've seen the new commercials too. My guess is that Verizon is trying to market it hard now so they can sell as many more as possible before the Bionic, Galaxy II and Vigor come out. Once those big boys come out to play they'll have to lower the TBolt price significantly.