Abandoned?!

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
So whats the rumor for the next Gingerbread update?

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

kingsway8605

Reaction score
You guys didn't get gingerbread yet? Crazy, my inc 2 has had it forever. I have a feeling they are struggling with battery life. Gingerbread is slightly more taxing on the battery, and we all know the thunderbolt doesn't really have any to spare. It is that or lte. Do any lte phones have gingerbread yet?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mods please close this thread. Its turning into a when-is-gingerbread-being-released thread

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

yiannis

Reaction score
In no way is this device abandoned. I don't understand why this always comes up with a phone a couple months after release.

Really? I'm looking to buy the TBolt now that the Bionic is MAP'd at $299 and the lack of support by HTC is scary.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Really? I'm looking to buy the TBolt now that the Bionic is MAP'd at $299 and the lack of support by HTC is scary.
i guess it could be getting close to EOL status, but i still think we will be getting gingerbread. there have been 2 "official" GB builds leaked in the last few days.
dont worry, and IMO, even with the terrible battery life, the Thunderbolt is still the best 4G phone on verizon. the revolution is just terrible IMO, and the Charge is just a fascinate with a bigger screen.

with the developer following for the TB, this thing should stay current well into 2012. i have confidence we will get IceCreamSandwich some time. especially if HTC unlocks the bootloader for us.

either way, even with a basic GB ROM that is flashable right now (for unrooted users as well) this phone flies, and with a $10 extra battery, i can easily go all day long with this phone.