A2DP Streaming not working with Mazda CX9

rgn2000

Reaction score
My Droid pairs and my CX-9 says it is connected for both phone and audio streaming but no sound when trying to stream music, etc. The phone part works great. I was able to pair with with a Moto DC800 A2DP device for stereos and it did work so I know I have my settings correct on the phone. This must be a software issue for compatability with certain bluetooth devices or profiles.

tommyz

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with a 2009 Mazda 6. If anyone has a solution please share. Hopefully it is just a software upgrade for the phone.

As a side not I was able to pair my brother's phone with my stereo for audio.

The droid only seems to work with the phone app and not stereo.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with a 2009 Mazda 6. If anyone has a solution please share. Hopefully it is just a software upgrade for the phone.

As a side not I was able to pair my brother's phone with my stereo for audio.

The droid only seems to work with the phone app and not stereo.

Yeah, before I bought the Droid, I had a Moto Q9C and it worked perfectly. I was shocked when I found this was not working. I used it every day. I did contact Motorola Tech issues on their website and told them about it, I suggest you do it as well. I called Mazda and as of Monday they have not received a Droid for testing. They said they should get it shortly and it would take a month to go through full testing and then they contact Motorola with their issues and their could be a software fix. I jumped ahead and contact Moto right away. I want this fixed ASAP.

Stigy

Reaction score
Hmmm this sounds like a Mazda thing..

I have an 08 VW Rabbit with Pioneer in-dash navi and all of my audio plays flawlessly over A2DP to my car stereo.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score

I have an 08 VW Rabbit with Pioneer in-dash navi and all of my audio plays flawlessly over A2DP to my car stereo.

Consider yourself lucky then...definitely an issue with Mazda cars and wondering what else. I juist don't think A2DP streaming is all that popular so hard getting info. Thanks for letting us know because the more info we have the better.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Last edited:
OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 and this happened to me this morning. My previous phone the LG Voyager worked fine, but no streaming audio with the droid.

I went to the Mazda site at http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=bluetoothHandsFreeSystem and it says the phone must support AVRCP in order to do audio and the droid does support AVRCP, so I have no idea why it doesn't work.

It is definitely a software issue. There is going to be over the air updates in December and January. I am hopeful that it will be resolved by then. Mazda might be testing the phone as we speak as well.

So you are saying the phone part worked fine for you? That has been working flawlessly. I did not try uploading my contacts because the contacts from last phone is already in there. I find them worthless anyways because you have to be stopped to use them.

CheffyRedux

Reaction score

Audio does not play in my 2009 VW CC. The A2DP profile connects, but all I hear is a ticking sound through car speakers. Agree it must be software related, had no problems on prior Samsung WinMobile phone.

I should clarify this a bit. MP3s from the Music applet resulted in the clicking sound, but Google Navigation did come over the speakers without issue.

Last edited:

Stigy

Reaction score
Mine works even better than I thought...

I was playing with Google Nav yesterday and all of a sudden the voice stopped on my phone and then I realized it was playing through the Bluetooth of my car, so awesome!

OMG ITS THE COPS

Reaction score
just fyi.. i have a 2010 mazda cx7 and as of last night I was having the same issue as you with the A2DP not streaming, but the phone working fine. Received OTA update this morning, and it works perfect. so nice!

Stigy

Reaction score
OMG I had a feeling the update would do something.

Cannot wait to receive the update tomorrow or whenever I get it.

SO excited!

OMG ITS THE COPS

Reaction score
yeah, honestly i was never that concerned with the bluetooth situation as i promised myself to never use one of those headset/earbud things and used an ipod for all my audio.

but man.. having integrated bluetooth voice and a2dp in your car is amazing. i'm using my ipod as a paperweight now. and the audio quality is infinitely better than using the 1/8" cable into the AUX socket. And no noise while charging, like through the AUX. stoked.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
just fyi.. i have a 2010 mazda cx7 and as of last night I was having the same issue as you with the A2DP not streaming, but the phone working fine. Received OTA update this morning, and it works perfect. so nice!

Great...now the question is how do you get the update? Or know if you got one?

Stigy

Reaction score

Great...now the question is how do you get the update? Or know if you got one?
All the information regarding the update is contained in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/7217-ota-updates-possible-before-11th.html

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score

Just did my forced update and now my 2009 CX9 works. I am totally relieved.