A Sister Site Dedicated To Samsung Wearables

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our sister site , dedicated to Samsung Notes, has a section dedicated to Galaxy Gear so it's not only a good place to find out more about your Note phone, with the same great staff and attitude as this forum, anymore. Here's a link if you wage to check it out
Galaxy Gear

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is there really a need for a dedicated NOTE SITE? #Overkill

There are forums dedicated to all types of phones, including phones far less popular than the Note series. Many people like a dedicated forum because almost everything in the forum is completely dedicated to one device (or one series of devices). Knowing that search results will always be specifically about your device can be very useful when looking for information and/or assistance.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm only thinking from DroidForums PoV. I know this was started specifically as a VZW Droi forum but it has evolved, methinks. You should want to keep people here, not send them somewhere else, possibly to not return.
Just IMO.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing the owners have done, imo, nicely is to branch off to sister sites vs a huge conglomeration of sub forums and sub areas of sub forums. I was actually a member of the Incredible dedicated sister forum before joining here and got my first promotion to staff on the dedicated Galaxy Tab sister site. It wasn't until the Incredible model died out that I progressed here most times.
Granted forum traffic in general has died down quite a bit since the good old days of your choices of models being counted on 1 hand.
Since Samsung can't make up it's mind which os to put on its watches and the vastly dominant popular os here is Android Wear and to get the most from Gear a Samsung device is usually needed (there are apps to make Gear work on non Samsung phones but that's another topic for another area) it seemed like a natural progression, to me, to put an area on a Samsung specific sister site.
Anyway, I'm posting up some app reviews for my Fit and S over there if anybody wants to see them.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, "Sister Sites" are great.
WindowsPhoneForum.com
ApplePhoneForum.com
Blackberryphone.forum.com

What ever... but where does this fragmentation end?
Where's "MotorolaPhoneForum.com?"? "HTCForum.com"

I get you want to become an empire, but wouldn't you rather have ALL that traffic directed to ONE site instead of several?
I think "we have one site with over a million daily visitors" sounds better and more credible then "we have 10 sites with 300K here, and 100K here, and 250K here and and and..."

The only thing I've never really liked about this forum is the Section break downs. Still makes no sense to me.
Motorola has it's own section, yet Turbo isn't in it and the RAZR line has its own section.
There are 4 different Samsung sections. Breaking this conversation down a little farther, why it doesn't work like this I don't know.

Click:
FORUM
---Phones
----Moto
----RAZR
----Turbo
----Droids
--------Sammy
---- S4
---- S5
---- S6
---- Note
--------LG
---- G2
---- G3
--------HTC
---- DinC

etc, etc

Please know that I am not criticizing, just conversating.

//EDIT// The spaces didn't translate in my "forum listing" but I think you get where I'm going.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to howardforums and answer that question for yourself. That's a caption of what this forum would be if not for separating.
I personally like the integrity that I would see, no matter the site, without all the clutter and monstrosity. Granted Howard Cheung has a very good site as far as design and overall integrity but its mammoth size makes it so it really serves nobody. It's like the federal government trying to make a policy that'll work for every locality in the United States, but ends up serving none. I was a regular there for over 7 years but it just got too big and finding the sister sites along with this one was a breath of fresh air.
But enough of the thread jacking,I posted a few more reviews in the Gear section will be posting some reviews of the devices themselves as I get time if anyone is interested.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think my lousy graphic describes is getting my point across. THat wouldn't be on the main page like I wrote it. The dashed ones are in a subforum.
When you click FORUMS you would just see
Wearables
Moto Phone
Htc Phone
Samsung Phone
and then ALL those company phones would be under those respective areas.
So the main forum would look a lot smaller then it does now, not bigger like Howard.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think my lousy graphic describes is getting my point across. THat wouldn't be on the main page like I wrote it. The dashed ones are in a subforum.
When you click FORUMS you would just see
Wearables
Moto Phone
Htc Phone
Samsung Phone
and then ALL those company phones would be under those respective areas.
So the main forum would look a lot smaller then it does now, not bigger like Howard.
I get what you're saying. The note 4 sub-section is separate from the Samsung section, while other Sammy phones are under that main Samsung section?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The note2forum has been around since.....well the note 2. There are some people who want to come to one forum for all things (one stop shop) and DF has evolved to that. But there are others who are privy to the way DF was first founded in being a site dedicated to one device. Our sister forums cater to those people who just want a site focused strictly on the device they own.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, "Sister Sites" are great.
WindowsPhoneForum.com
ApplePhoneForum.com
Blackberryphone.forum.com

What ever... but where does this fragmentation end?
Where's "MotorolaPhoneForum.com?"? "HTCForum.com"

I get you want to become an empire, but wouldn't you rather have ALL that traffic directed to ONE site instead of several?
I think "we have one site with over a million daily visitors" sounds better and more credible then "we have 10 sites with 300K here, and 100K here, and 250K here and and and..."

The only thing I've never really liked about this forum is the Section break downs. Still makes no sense to me.
Motorola has it's own section, yet Turbo isn't in it and the RAZR line has its own section.
There are 4 different Samsung sections. Breaking this conversation down a little farther, why it doesn't work like this I don't know.

Click:
FORUM
---Phones
----Moto
----RAZR
----Turbo
----Droids
--------Sammy
---- S4
---- S5
---- S6
---- Note
--------LG
---- G2
---- G3
--------HTC
---- DinC

etc, etc

Please know that I am not criticizing, just conversating.

//EDIT// The spaces didn't translate in my "forum listing" but I think you get where I'm going.

They can put it in any random order they want, CTRL-F is your friend.