A sad day for me... leaving the OG Droid.

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
I've hanged onto my OG Droid since the day of release, and today, I've upgraded to a DROID X. Such a sad moment for me to be leaving the OG Droid family. :c I'm gonna keep the phone however, just for memories. c: Farewell, OG Droiders!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The X is an awesome phone, I think you'll love the upgrade!

J

JohnDroid

It's amazing to think that the D1 has aged so well that it's still a very formidable phone. That's a credit to all the hackers out there who continually improve ROMs and extract every bit of performance out of it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's amazing to think that the D1 has aged so well that it's still a very formidable phone. That's a credit to all the hackers out there who continually improve ROMs and extract every bit of performance out of it.

+100!

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I went from the D1 to the X and I haven't missed my old phone for a second. The X is soooo much faster!

stead2120

Reaction score
I'm still holding on strong with the O.G. Droid Running Project Elite son!

noisyKricket

Reaction score
I will never forget how awesome my D1 is...

and will not be upgrading till the Bionic is out and getting good reviews. And i'm still using Ultimate Droid 2.5, cuz I can't find anything that runs better.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
and will not be upgrading till the Bionic is out and getting good reviews. And i'm still using Ultimate Droid 2.5, cuz I can't find anything that runs better.

That was me too until I found Sourcery :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock OG running here, still as perfect as day 1.

hyperlite456

Reaction score
farewell to your OG. I still have mine and have also had since November 9th, 2009. Crazy it's been that long. I have loved it up until this year pretty much. I'm getting tired of it taking too long to hop into applications, especially while driving and I wanna quick dial or switching up between navigation and music, while someone decides to call me and it freezes (not that I do that while foot is on the pedal;). needless to say, I've never rooted my phone.. I totally would but it seems like a pain in the ass. If anyone knows of fairly simple and recent directions for today's build let me know :)

darkmatter

Reaction score
I upgraded to d3. The d3 is a true successor to the beloved og. If only it was vanilla, though to be fair, the new blur is pretty good. The vzw bloat is strong with this one though.

My og droid lives on as my fiance's mini nook color. She uses it at work mostly to play games, and she felt too awkward using the larger nook. She feels more comfrtable with the droid. She can easily pocket it if she has to do something, or someone walks in, not so easy with the nook.

We tried to activate the droid for her to use, but the verizon reps were being dicks, to the point that she is going to go to sprint as soon as they have something comparable to the d3.

And +1 to sourcery. I miss all the options I had woth sourcery on my d3. And I believe they do indeed have a gingerbread theme. They just released a new theme a few weeks ago. Its "the most supported unsupported rom".

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough, but ... enjoy the new one! New soak out for the DX, so you might be seeing a upgrade shortly as well.

I love my OG, but let's face it gang, we're near the end HW wise, we're all hanging on what to grab next, nothing wrong with that, it more than served it's purpose, and continues to do so until I do upgrade.