A Root Toolkit to let you do what you want with your Razr minus unlock Bootloader!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
UimIA.png

Razr users you now have a super easy utility to help you in your hacking and modding ventures. XDA member Mattlgroff has released his very handy toolkit which allows you to not only gain root but do so much more! We have seen several root toolkits pop up over the last month or so, a few of which have been covered here such as the Wugfresh Gnex toolkit and the Kindle fire toolkit. This Toolkit allows you to do alot of the same without having the knowledge of setting up an SDK and using ADB. Thats Pretty cool if you aske me!

What can you do with this toolkit? Well the picture above pretty clearly explains! You can restore (without the use of RSDlite! heck yea) you can root with one easy tap of the keyboard!, you can install voodoo's ota rootkeeper app which is very handy for motorola devices since moto is very good at locking down their handsets with every firmware release, install bootstrap recovery, and tons of other super handy things.

You will want to be sure to check it out! via XDA

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I love it when people make easy ways to root!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
All good! Cheers!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Going to take this app through it's paces since I have to fastboot back to .744 tonite. I cannot for the life of me get the newest update (.173) to work. Very weird, because I did not alter or delete anything.

Thanks for sharing!

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
lol @ the stuff at the bottom :D

Glad you like it ;)
I don't like how the article said XDA member mattlgroff because I am an admin at DroidRZR.com and actually I posted the utility under Razr General on this site BEFORE the XDA article...but got 1 reply and it said "first"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Worked perfectly Matt. Good job man. Went back to stock, rooted, installed Voodoo and made it all the way back to .173

Awesome utility that my dog could use :)

jayb

Reaction score
Glad you like it ;)
I don't like how the article said XDA member mattlgroff because I am an admin at DroidRZR.com and actually I posted the utility under Razr General on this site BEFORE the XDA article...but got 1 reply and it said "first"

Thanks Matt........Great work.

gerland

Reaction score
Help!!!

If anyone is online right now icould use some help, i have the razr thru verizon it was rooted but i unrooted it and put it back to original state to recive the updates yesterday which came thru fine, i used the "toolkit" but now i cant make it root again? i want to keep the updates and re-root but even this tool is unable to do it any idea what i may be doing wrong??? thanks guys!

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
If anyone is online right now icould use some help, i have the razr thru verizon it was rooted but i unrooted it and put it back to original state to recive the updates yesterday which came thru fine, i used the "toolkit" but now i cant make it root again? i want to keep the updates and re-root but even this tool is unable to do it any idea what i may be doing wrong??? thanks guys!

I would think you could use this tool and do each of the first three steps. Then go into the OTA rootkeeper app and temp unroot. Then go to settings>about phone> check for updates. Install the OTA update then go back into the OTA rootkeeper app and restore root.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
hi all,

any idea if its gonna work with Canadian Rogers XT910 (not XT912 titled in the xda forum)?

i'd like to do a clean start with my RAZR after i screw it up yesterday (rooted, install TiBU, uninstall (not freeze) bloatware such as YAHOO, now my contacts screwed up).

dont need root, dont need update (for now), i just want to start fresh (short of loading stock ROM coz i have no idea how to do that - complete noob here)

Thanks! :)

ps: my build number is 6.5.1_73_SLC-24.
system version 651.73.240.XT910.Rogers.en.CA
pps: XDA shows EU GSM version XT910....... should i use that one?
ppps: ok, figured out my phone is a GSM from the SIM card lol... will download the full XT910 toolkit and play around with it!

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hi all,

any idea if its gonna work with Canadian Rogers XT910 (not XT912 titled in the xda forum)?

i'd like to do a clean start with my RAZR after i screw it up yesterday (rooted, install TiBU, uninstall (not freeze) bloatware such as YAHOO, now my contacts screwed up).

dont need root, dont need update (for now), i just want to start fresh (short of loading stock ROM coz i have no idea how to do that - complete noob here)

Thanks! :)

The functions would all work except for System Restore aka Fastboot (Option 1 for many)

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
OTA rootkeeper does much better.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Redbeaver

Reaction score
The functions would all work except for System Restore aka Fastboot (Option 1 for many)
would work using... the EU 910 GSM?

darn Option 1 is the 1 look forward the most though lol... need to reload my RAZR with a fresh ROM....

thx for the reply Matt!
OTA rootkeeper does much better.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!
does what better? ill google it...