A Plan For A Brighter Android Future

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I knew a guy who get the death penalty for rooting. They chopped his head clean off. STOP CALLING ME A LIAR.

I stand corrected. Doulandroid you might want to look into getting a lawyer. First degree rooting is a serious offense apparently...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
... Why cant a forward thinking carrier at least try and sell one open phone and plan, and just see how the customer response is?

One can buy a Google/Nexus phone, install AOSP Android, and sign up for a no-contract service from a Carrier.
Won't be cheap though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Umm I'm entitled to a subsidized phone and unlimited data with tethering included. Clearly I would never consider doing what you suggest. Rather, carriers should conform to my needs even if it ends up costing them.

/silly mentality

Please stop undermining the true intention of this thread. The reason why I often get fustrated with your posts because many of them are ridiculously condesending. I know that I am guilty of using that tone a few times myself but I certainly don't do it nearly every post like yourself. Your debate tactic seems to be heavily grounded in belittling your oppositions intelligence/understanding, infering that you are correct by default, and then using mockary just to be snide and belittle your opposition some more.

I understand the urge to take that tone when you feel your opponent in debate is entirely wrong, but please refrain from that kind of response regardless. Alot of your comments are uncalled for, and even though you may be using them to help make your point you are making this thread more of an argument than a constructive discussion. I am not suggesting that some of your points through out this thread weren't valid but they are mixed in with condesending and belittling statements, often structured as a direct attack at the individual you are having a disagreement with. Please stop these kinds of posts, they do not help anyone, just get people fustrated, and further derail this discussion. You do not have to be a dick to prove a point, if you feel that you do... then please consider Pm'ing those individuals you feel like going after.

The above quoted text has no constructive qualities whatsoever, it aggravates me because you know very well that this is not at all what this thread is about, but instead is the perfect summary of exactly the opposite thing this thread is aimed to achieve. This idea is geared towards determing how to make it financially beneficial for carriers while coming to a middle ground on pricing and features, it has nothing to do with how carriers should spend more money to conform to our needs.. that statement demonstrates to me that after endless debate you have yet to take away anything from your opposition at all. Although I have I have disagreed with you on many points, I have at least recognized the validity of some of your statements or the reasoning behind them. You however have literally dismissed every single thing that has been brought up, if its not directly in line with your original mindset. If that's your intention.. what's the point of the discussion in the first place...? Just to be right? Ok, your right on everything, does that make you feel better now? Can you stop with this attitude now? Please?

{{ WugFresh }}

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
One can buy a Google/Nexus phone, install AOSP Android, and sign up for a no-contract service from a Carrier.
Won't be cheap though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Umm I'm entitled to a subsidized phone and unlimited data with tethering included. Clearly I would never consider doing what you suggest. Rather, carriers should conform to my needs even if it ends up costing them.

/silly mentality

Please stop undermining the true intention of this thread. The reason why I often get fustrated with your posts because many of them are ridiculously condesending. I know that I am guilty of using that tone a few times myself but I certainly don't do it nearly every post like yourself. Your debate tactic seems to be heavily grounded in belittling your oppositions intelligence/understanding, infering that you are correct by default, and then using mockary just to be snide and belittle your opposition some more.

I understand the urge to take that tone when you feel your opponent in debate is entirely wrong, but please refrain from that kind of response regardless. Alot of your comments are uncalled for, and even though you may be using them to help make your point you are making this thread more of an argument than a constructive discussion. I am not suggesting that some of your points through out this thread weren't valid but they are mixed in with condesending and belittling statements, often structured as a direct attack at the individual you are having a disagreement with. Please stop these kinds of posts, they do not help anyone, just get people fustrated, and further derail this discussion. You do not have to be a dick to prove a point, if you feel that you do... then please consider Pm'ing those individuals you feel like going after.

The above quoted text has no constructive qualities whatsoever, it aggravates me because you know very well that this is not at all what this thread is about, but instead is the perfect summary of exactly the opposite thing this thread is aimed to achieve. This idea is geared towards determing how to make it financially beneficial for carriers while coming to a middle ground on pricing and features, it has nothing to do with how carriers should spend more money to conform to our needs.. that statement demonstrates to me that after endless debate you have yet to take away anything from your opposition at all. Although I have I have disagreed with you on many points, I have at least recognized the validity of some of your statements or the reasoning behind them. You however have literally dismissed every single thing that has been brought up, if its not directly in line with your original mindset. If that's your intention.. what's the point of the discussion in the first place...? Just to be right? Ok, your right on everything, does that make you feel better now? Can you stop with this attitude now? Please?

{{ WugFresh }}

Agreed and I apologize

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are totally missing the point......they chopped his freaking head off. That's some serious crapola if you ask me, which no one is but I don't give a ladida cause it's late and I can't sleep.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are totally missing the point......they chopped his freaking head off. That's some serious crapola if you ask me, which no one is but I don't give a ladida cause it's late and I can't sleep.

I understand the seriousness, but I think I'd take a plea bargain and not risk the death penalty if found guilty at trial...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^Yep, edit the smali myself.

Lol...k. With 4g and the throttle mod, the data must pretty much just appear as an instant hologram in front of your face right? Ah good old verizon, putting throttling in smali...gotta love em!

Last edited:

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Has everyone been voting on the samsung poll, it just popped over to xda today? Will post a link, i think it's relevant. Loves your discuss with p3droid on xforum wug.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Who, the headless rooter of Sleepy Hollow?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys I finally did it, I cracked the bootloader. I have been secretly working on this while these threads have been taking place. Moto wouldn't let me take pictures of how I did it but I drew this picture but the picture is so well made it's like looking at a real life photo of how I did it.