A Couple Questions

hemimoose

Reaction score
Hi All,
New Droid owner. Went from an HTC Touch to the Droid. Very good decision. I do have a couple questions though. How do I get the screen to come on when I get a text? Also, the SD card on my HTC had a bunch of pictures organized into folders so I tranfered those to my computer & then to the card for the Droid. I took a picture with the Droid of someone that I have a folder for. How do I get the picture from the "camera pictures" & "camera media" folders the named folder I already have for this person? Thanks for the help.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
well to turn on the screen press the power button on the top of the droid. As far as the pics go, I would just mount it on my PC and move it to the desired folder manually.

vearix

Reaction score
I know handcent has an option to turn the screen(as well as other things) when you get a text. Not too sure about the stock messaging system though.

OP
H

hemimoose

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Will look into Handcent.

skourg3

Reaction score
Another option for moving pictures is to download a file manager (I recommend Astro), which will let you view, rename, and move the files on your phone. This will let you move your pictures without having to mount it to a PC every time.

Definitely look into Handcent. It adds a lot of functionality to messaging. If you have questions about it do a search or look in the apps part of the forum, there are quite a few threads of issues/fixes for handcent there.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Astro and Handcent will be your friends... I use these apps almost everyday.