A couple problems

drfsupercenter

Reaction score
So besides my issue of certain root-requiring programs like ShootMe not working, I have a few more bugs I'd like to ask about.

One of them: Every time I place or receive a call, DSP Manager force closes. I have no idea why, I don't even use DSP Manager, I haven't touched the settings at all. But I'm assuming that deleting it or freezing it would be a bad idea? I'd just like to know why it keeps force-closing and how I can fix it... it's really annoying to be getting a call and have to hit force close before I can answer.

The other question involves ROM Manager. It has a "Check for updates" option, but it says there's no updates to Cyanogenmod available. I have the September 8th build, and last time I checked there was a newer one. Now, if I can't do this automatically, can I do it manually? Or do I need to wipe data for it to work? Ideally if I can just update it to the newest builds without it erasing anything, that would be great. I've also put some additional stuff in the system apps, like the stock Visual Voicemail that was left out, and Google Apps, etc.

Any ideas? I've googled "cyanogenmod dsp manager" and found nothing relevant to what's happening.

OP
D

drfsupercenter

Reaction score
I *did* get it from there. Only at the time, the September 8th build was the newest. My question about that is, can I upgrade it in ClockworkmodRecovery without needing to erase anything?

mgarney26

Reaction score
I *did* get it from there. Only at the time, the September 8th build was the newest. My question about that is, can I upgrade it in ClockworkmodRecovery without needing to erase anything?
after you download the newest nightly go to rom manager, once there flash clockworkmod recovery, then choose install zip from sd card, wipe dalvik and i usually create a back up just in case. it should reboot into clockwork mod and install from there. hope this helps.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Rev's builds aren't available for download through ROM Manager. The builds that are available on there are the old Froyo-based ones, and they haven't been updated since September 1.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mgarney26

Reaction score
Rev's builds aren't available for download through ROM Manager. The builds that are available on there are the old Froyo-based ones, and they haven't been updated since September 1.

Yes but they can still be installed through rom manager :).....that's how I do it any ways...lol

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Yes but they can still be installed through rom manager :).....that's how I do it any ways...lol

I know that. I was just addressing his specific issue, which was whether Rev's builds can be updated through ROM Manager, which they can't.